Home Sports Talk

Robby Cano

Grab his Rookie cards while you can. He is the 2nd coming of Rod Carew.

Comments

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I also heard that Brian Taylor is going to be the next Warren Spahn

JS
  • Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

Hey JS, Brien Taylor never did didly. Cano is putting up big numbers. This kid is not a flash in the pan.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    And, Melky Cabrera is the next Ken Griffey Jr.
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    So we should take everything 'Average' Joe Torre as fact?

We should take half a season of hitting and say he is the next coming of one of the greatest hitters ever?

So how long until you are hyping up another NY yankee as your new, favorite player?

<< <i>Hey JS, Brien Taylor never did didly. Cano is putting up big numbers. This kid is not a flash in the pan. >>

Is Cano ever going to learn to take a pitch? NINE walks in 270 at bats?

<< <i>And, Melky Cabrera is the next Ken Griffey Jr. >>

But Melky has powahhhh!!!
    "Robby" also has the second most errors of any 2B in MLB this season.

<< <i>"Robby" also has the second most errors of any 2B in MLB this season. >>

When you mention that, Spammy is going to say 'he needs time to learn' but he's the next coming of Carew!

I'll bet your right!

<< <i>Cano is putting up big numbers. >>

So, you define a whopping 8 HR's and 37 RBI's as "big numbers"?

If he was on Boston with those numbers you would be having a fill in the blank.

<< <i>If he was on Boston with those numbers you would be having a fill in the blank. >>

I doubt it because the BoSox have players who perform for their paychecks, not just a bunch of guys showing up to collect their millions.

And how sad is it that the best player, the one generating the most buzz in yankee land is a guy who's been in the league 6 months, on a team full of players making $10 million plus? sad, sad, sad.
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Steinbrenner will prolly trade him ... to get another overpriced, over da hill bum pitcher for the playoff run ... one in which they will fall short.

Arod is an unlucky 13 ...
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards

<< <i>And how sad is it that the best player, the one generating the most buzz in yankee land is a guy who's been in the league 6 months, on a team full of players making $10 million plus? sad, sad, sad. >>

That is a great point - here you have a team loaded with players with big, fat contracts - and all you can hang your hat on is that Cano doesn't stink quite as bad as the rest of the team. Or, that Wang saved the pitching staff. Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees...

His average is up to .313. Remember folks, he is brought to you from the Yankees' Farmless Farm System.
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    Seriously, I thought that Japanese 2nd baseman Iguchi on the Chisox was having a sure ROY year.

.272 avg. but he has 30 more ABs, 50 double plays vs. 43, 8 errors vs. 11, 83 games vs. 72, .980 fielding percentage vs. .971

Isn't he doing better than Cano?

<< <i>
    Isn't he doing better than Cano? >>

But he's not a Yankee!!!!

Don't you know everything in spammy's world revolves around all things yankee?

<< <i>Isn't he doing better than Cano? >>

Of course he is! But as Axtell mentioned, it doesn't matter in Yankeeland. Of course, Iguchi will probably win the ROY award, and we'll hear from Yankee fans how Cano was "robbed". It's just the way it is.

One ESPN if you compare both leagues Robby Cano has more at Bats then Nick Johnson yet even though he is among the top leaders in Batting Average he is not on the list since he is "not qualified" What the heck does not qualified mean? Did ESPN hire Axtey Rose?

<< <i>One ESPN if you compare both leagues Robby Cano has more at Bats then Nick Johnson yet even though he is among the top leaders in Batting Average he is not on the list since he is "not qualified" What the heck does not qualified mean? Did ESPN hire Axtey Rose? >>

Not qualified = not enough at bats.

Simply not true. Nick Johnson has less at bats (270) then Cano (288) yet Johnson is on the list.

Batting Average Leaders Both Leagues Combined
    "in order to qualify for batting titles in averaged categories (Avg, Slg, OBP, OPS, RC, OW%, #P/PA, G/F), a player must average at least 3.1 plate appearances for every game his team has played. Sorting by qualified year-to-date excludes all players not currently on pace to reach that minimum."

That's bull. Cano has more at bats then Johnson and other leaders. He might not qualify according to ESPN rules but he will under MLB rules which count and are more important.
    Heh spammy are you that desperate to have your spankee boy be leading?

From MLB's website:

" Batting Average Leaders - must have a minimum of 3.1 plate appearances per game played."

But you're right, ESPN was just pulling that number out of their butts....because we all know how unreliable and how off the rocker ESPN stat keepers are, right?

MLB Link
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Gemmy, Nick Johnson prolly has the walks, sacs etc to push his PA above the required 3.1 per game the team has played.

SD
    Good for you.

<<From MLB's website:

" Batting Average Leaders - must have a minimum of 3.1 plate appearances per game played.">>

I stand corrected.

I think at the end of the year Cano will have the required stats.
    It's funny you are willing to bet the future on half a season's worth of numbers. "He's not a flash in the pan" "He's the next Rod Carew" etc. etc.

I think you are so desperate to find someone, something that's come out of the yankees' farm system you are going to overlook his pathetic fielding (league leader in errors!), and his complete and utter inability to take pitches.