Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

National Convention

Who's goin ? I arrive around noon on the 27th.

Comments

• Options
    i will be there thrusday and friday
    -- Remember, don't do drugs, have unprotected sex, or kill anyone...leave that stuff to me.

• Options
    rustywillyrustywilly Posts: 130 ✭✭
    I'm traveling out on Thursday July 21st to attend Lollapalooza and staying in Chicago through August 2nd. I plan on attending the card show each day of the convention - can't wait. Look forward to meeting more folks - this makes it three years in a row!
  • Options
    Ill be there Friday for the luncheon.
  • Options
    Bob- I will be there again. At booth #520, Ron
    TWINRON
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I wish that I could be there! Good luck with finding some nice cards at great prices! Have a great time!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Ron,
    I'll stop by.

Arnie, I guarantee there wont be too many good prices. Not until Sat anyway.
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Bob,

I will be there Wednesday and Thursday.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    I will be conducting a futile search for vintage golf cards Thursday afternoon thru Saturday 1 ish.

Dave
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    TipemTipem Posts: 881

Patrick,(my 13 year old son)and I will be arriving on Tuesday and leaving Sunday.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    giddy up
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    dunerduner Posts: 625
    i wish i could be there...i've been looking for a bob pettit rookie forever. I could probably complete that search in a matter of hours at the national.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    Duner,
    I dont know about that. Some may disagree, but I thought last year was weak in terms of available material. Oh you could always get the big rookie card or every new box of crap they make these days, and mid to low grade vintage was abundant, nice nrmt or better cards from the 50's thru the early 70's was sort of scarce, or already in holders for outrageous prices. I hope the stock is better this year. I go every year to do the following:

1. Meet the guys you deal with while collecting.

2. Drink with the guys you deal with collecting.

3. Try not to have a kidney stone attack like I did at the National 2 yrs ago!
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    gaspipe,

I hope gambling in AC helped you forget about the kidney stone.
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Should be there Thursday!
  • Options
    Bob- I submitted my last kidney stone to PSA for grading. It was a PSA7. I plan on breaking it out with the help of my doctor and am hoping for a PSA8 or better. See you at my booth #520. Ron
    TWINRON
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Oh you could always get the big rookie card or every new box of crap they make these days, and mid to low grade vintage was abundant, nice nrmt or better cards from the 50's thru the early 70's was sort of scarce, or already in holders for outrageous prices. >>

This sounds like every show these days! Whether its the Fort, or the National - the above statement sums them all up quite nicely.
  • Options
    I'll be buried in the "other" room, booth 1345. I hear it's a real nightmare from the folks that were in there the last National. All are invited to stop by and say hello.
    Greg
  • Options
    I always like the Cameo booth. Make sure to bring your non-sports cards too !!
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Bob

Be there saturday with my wife. Be staying through sunday. Looking for whatever is priced right.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    Too bad you werent going to be there Friday. We could of hooked up. I leave Saturday around Noon. I have 1 card for you, but I wont tell you what it is until I have it in my hands.
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Bob

I will attempt to find you on Saturday Morning I should be there between 9 and 10.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    for the guys that are going, please take a digital camera and take lots of pictures!

A couple of years back DUDE took pictures and also had a great write up about the show and it was just like being there.

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I will be there on July. 30th. I am driving in from Michigan on Friday night and going to the show on Saturday.

Kirk

Thanks for the catch Gaspipe
  • Options
    Kirk,
    If you go Aug 30th, you'll miss it by a month!