Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Who is DSL?

I am new folks, and keep seeing references to DSL. Please excuse my greeness, but who is that and what is all the buzz about? Are they a good seller/collector or bad? Thanks.

Damian

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    There have been many things written about DSL, I have bought from him and have had good serive and cards. I buy 67s baseball PSA 8 and up and he sells a lot of 67s other years I am not sure. There has been talk that he gets favoritism on grading from PSA? All I know is I bought a PSA 8 67 and looks like a 9 to me. Just bought from him again, waiting for card, good at letting me know when item was sent. Do not know anything personal about him though.

Stingray
  • Options
    DSL and 4SC (4 Sharp Corners) submit a gazillion cards every month and they all seem to come back with higher than average grades (mostly PSA 9's and PSA 10's). They seem to have an endless supply of unopened material. They both sell regularly on eBay. I've purchased from both and have had no problems with either. Heck, I gotta a nice PSA 8 '67 Carew RC #569 from DSL, it's in my registry (see my sig line). image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    I too have gotten raw cards from DSL. He/she grades accurately on condition, so I don't see the problem. Maybe he just submits cards that are of higher quality. He seems to pick out cards with good color, the graders seem to like that more than some of us.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    I am assuming that DSL and 4SC are eBay seller IDs?? I just did a search and didn't find anything encouraging.

Can someone provide a link to their eBay sales or websites?!

Sorry to provide more competition for the cards!! (Not really.)

hh
  • Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

The other is---------------- 4_sharp_corners_baseball
    _hockey
    _football
    _basketball
    _store
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    fsjeter ... I beg to differ. They submit a bazillion cards a month. The gazillion figure is per week.

hoofhearted .... I believe DSL and 4SC sell only on eBay.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    DSL is Digital Subscriber Line AKA as High Speed internet. LOL
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    jr - thanks for the help! I've found the eBay items for DSL & 4SC-B and even bid on a lot or two.

Now I see what the to-do is about on all the items subbed to PSA and sold on eBay by these two sellers. DSL had about 42 pages of lots!!! I saw an example of a lenient grade, too, on a PSA 9 NQ '62T bb card -- it was definitely OC -- but the hundreds of cards and lots were awesome to browse thru!

hh
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    I just bought my first card from DSL and while nothing was wrong, I have had better experiences with others. I think not taking PayPal has something to do with but also getting a single graded card thrown in a padded envelope with no protection and a 60-cent stamp (paying $4 for shipping) doesn't sit well with me.

I wished I didn't open this thread and see those ugly lips again. Ugh.
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    I won't buy from DSL unless I am able to win multiple cards to reduce the overhead costs. $4.00 shipping plus $2.95 for Bidpay is WAY too much to pay for a single card. IMO, not taking Paypal is a big business mistake for a high volume dealer.
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

OMG LMAO too funny Mudflap
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

4SC currently has 1055 auctions on ebay and have over 3,000 cards listed in their store.

4_sharp_corners_baseball
    4_sharp_corners_basketball
    4_sharp_corners_football
    4_sharp_corners_store
  • Options

I've bought a number of cards from DSL during the past 3 or 4 years and have always had good customer service. The shipping is high, but it includes insurance. A package worth more than $ 900 was lost about 6 months back and I was refunded the amount without any problems.

Peter
    Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I have never had any problems dealing with either. I mostly bid with DSL. Shane is a very friendly guy and will answer any problem with couretsy.

sd
    Good for you.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    dsl, gets my vote, I've had hundreds of dealings with dsl, and I've never been dissapointed. Great cards! Super customer service! Professional packaging/shipping.

Always have a wonderful mix of PSA material!

Here are some items I won from dsl on ebay over the past 2 weeks:

'75 OPC Mantle PSA 9

'73 OPC Bob Boone Rookie PSA 9

'75 OPC Roy Campanella/Al Rosen PSA 10

'76 Topps Fregosi PSA 10

'73 OPC Marishal PSA 9 OC

'73 OPC Aaron PSA 9 OC

'73 OPC Banks PSA 9 OC

'72 OPC Seaver/Carlton PSA 9

'72 OPC McCovey PSA 9

'72 OPC Aaron PSA 9 OC

'76 Topps Fred Scherman PSA 10

rbd
  • Options
    I have bought from both as well and have been pretty pleased. My one complaint with 4SC is their lack of customer service. I have emailed 3 or 4 times with questions and have never gotten a response once! Looks like they have way too much stuff running and can't handle it. Plus the 10 different user id's gets confusing and the fact that if you buy from two different id's they won't combine shipping is also a pain. But when I can pick up 9's for $3.00 to $6.00 how can you really b*tch.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have bought from both as well and have been pretty pleased. My one complaint with 4SC is their lack of customer service. I have emailed 3 or 4 times with questions and have never gotten a response once! Looks like they have way too much stuff running and can't handle it. Plus the 10 different user id's gets confusing and the fact that if you buy from two different id's they won't combine shipping is also a pain. But when I can pick up 9's for $3.00 to $6.00 how can you really b*tch. >>

Not to dispute your comments above, but I've had to email 4SC a few times about issues, and every single time, I've had a response from them no later than the next business day. One was a lost USPS shipment, and they immediately filed the insurance claim and I had the aproximately $100 refund in no time.

Steve
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    4SC went through some poor service times about a year or so ago - it was documented on these boards - but even then they responded to my emails pretty quickly, and the problems got resolved to my satisfaction. I am ordering from them again as of late, no problems at all.
  • Options
    Considering the volumes of auctions DSL & 4SC do each month, they do a fine job, IMO.

rbd
  • Options
    Well glad to hear you have gotten better service then I have. I have no issue with the card end of it but as I said I have heard nothing from them every time I have emailed.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Too funny mudflap.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Four Sharp Corners! image

508-543-0628 call them and ask why are they not answeringemails? Something is wrong? They should correct the problem, I would hope?

rbd
  • Options
    I have bought 100's of cards from both sellers over the years and have never had a problem.image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion