Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1967 Clemente sticker

Could anyone help me here ? I have a 1967 topps test sticker Roberto Clemente graded psa 8 any idea the SMR value or the set value of this sticker set ungraded? thanks baseballpa21

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Could anyone help me here ? I have a 1967 topps test sticker Roberto Clemente graded psa 8 any idea the SMR value or the set value of this sticker set ungraded? thanks baseballpa21 >>

The card books for 125$ nm - source: 04 Standard Catalog of BB by Krause.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    These stickers must be scarce I'm having trouble finding many of them on the net.image
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    There are actually two Clementes in the set: card #6 and #27 (Clemente for mayor). I have #27 graded PSA 8 (pop. 2) and paid $180 for it on eBay last year. Card #6 is pop. 4 in PSA 8.
  • Options
    I couldn't find them in the pop report what should I look under?
  • Options
    Go to Baseball

Then to 1967

Then to 1967 TOPPS PIRATES STICKERS
  • Options

<< <i>There are actually two Clementes in the set: card #6 and #27 (Clemente for mayor). I have #27 graded PSA 8 (pop. 2) and paid $180 for it on eBay last year. Card #6 is pop. 4 in PSA 8. >>

Dude
    That was a tremendous price! Do you have a scan?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone;
    Whats price range on # 6 PSA 8?? image
  • Options
    DUDE;
    I got to view the pop report thanks to your step by step explanation. Thanks
  • Options
    Stone,

I'll post a scan this weekend.
  • Options

<< <i>Stone,

I'll post a scan this weekend. >>

Looking forward to it!

Mike
  • Options
    Here it is:

• Options
    Dude;
    You don't happen to have a Pete Mikkelson you'd wan to sale in this sticker set do you?
  • Options
    Superb card Dude
    And I think you got it for a good price!!

Both test issue sets from 67 are great to collect - wish I had done these when they were lying around collecting dust on dealers tables in the early 90s.

thanx for taking the time to scan/post
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

I don't have a '67 Mikkelsen sticker. I wish I did. I have about 40% of the Pirates Sticker set graded PSA 8 or 9. I lived in the Pittsburgh area in '67 and I remember getting these Pirate stickers. They are long gone since I used them as stickers for bikes and other things. They are definitely tough to find these days. Louis Bollman sold a complete NM or better raw set on eBay about 18 months ago for $260+ as I recall. I was the second highest bidder and didn't expect it to go that high. I probably would have bid a lot higher had I known.

Here's a Clemente card that you don't see very often. I bought this from Wayne Varner for $12 raw in about 1992.

• Options
    Dude;

Nice juice card..What part of Pitts. area did you live in? Have a good day.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    There's a batch of these stickers going up on eBay. A Mikkelson might be offered soon.

By the way, isn't he a golfer? image

1967 Topps Pirate Stickers on eBay
  • Options
    baseballpa21 -- I lived in Ford City, PA from '59-'68 and then Ross Township (northern suburbs of Pittsburgh) '69 - '81. How about you?
  • Options
    Dude;

I live in Ligonier about 3 1/2 miles from Champion Lakes golf Owned by Dick Groat. He has some great stories about the old days.
  • Options
    Dude
    The "juice" Clemente is also a super card - I have never seen it before.

Went to Franciscan U. in Steubenville, Ohio - a stones throw to Pittsburgh - have been to 3 Rivers Stadium and a Penguins game - I have only gone to 2 hockey games in my life - Penguins played the Northstars - I fell asleep - was a pitcher's duel. Also have been to Mad. Squ. Garden - don't remember who the Rangers played. Didn't fall asleep but was suffering from high altitude disease - got a nose bleed also!

Wish I could've seen Forbes Field and see Clemente play in person.

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    If anyone happens to have a raw Mikkelson in this 67 Test Sticker set please let me know. Thanks
  • Options
    Still searching for the 1967 topps test sticker of Pirate reliever Pete Mikkelson.. Anyone with one to sale please email me at char21.1@netzero.net