Home Sports Talk
Options

WOW! mariners release boone

one of the best of his era,released. you'd think they could have gotten something for him.at first i thought it was his brother on cleveland. his stats aren't that bad? do steroids play into his good #'s with the M's .wasn't he mentioned in canseco's book?

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    He had a great year (contract year) and never got back to that level...had eye surgery in the offseason to improve his hitting and nothing seemed to work.

I wish him the best, as he seems like a truly great guy...but he's right, this is for the best.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    maybe it was a cost saving decision? I saw him just the other day on sprts center in web gems. confusing to say the least.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    He was batting .231 this year, and a horrible year last year.

I am sure they tried to shop him around, and got no offers. However, once he's released, he'll be picked up by someone.

edit: wow, just saw his interview after he was released, crying....I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    He seems like a class guy - I hope he lands with another quality team soon. There is talk on the NY stations already about the Yanks picking him up, even though they already have Robinson "Rod Carew" Cano playing there now. I hope that's not true for Boone's sake.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    I hope it not true for the Yankees sake. Robinson "Rod Carew" Cano is batting .291 and has hit safetly in 19 out of the last 20 games. The Yankees certainly don't need another over the hill spent player.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    ctsox, do you live in Connecticut? I do. I am a Connecticut Yankee. LOL
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    He was batting .231 this year, and a horrible year last year.

AX you thinking of someone else?

I just looked at his stats and he was hitting 265 this yr and last yr he had 24 hrs 83 rbi with a 251 avg year b4 that he had a career yr.

we may not be hearing the whole story perhaps?

24 83 251 is solid for a 2nd sacker no? I thought he was a decent above average fielder too.

Steve D

edited to add........nevermind i didnt see your first post regarding him
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>ctsox, do you live in Connecticut? I do. I am a Connecticut Yankee. LOL >>

Yes indeed, and I live amongst a lot of you Connecticut Yankees! But, it makes things like last season that much sweeter to me... image