Home Sports Talk
Options

Who said Tino was through?

Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
Gemmy10's Mother's Day edition commentary

Comments

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Tino is a class act and a stellar glove. His love for being on the team gives him the incentive and hunger to reach deep inside himself and perform. He is a gutsy player and a clubhouse favorite. I am glad to see him get more playing time.

Have you noticed Giambi fading gradually (in terms of playing time, not just ability)? Its hard to announce that a $120 million dollar player is a bench warmer, but I think the Yankees have better players in Tino, Sierra and Williams. They have no need for a steriod washed up player who cannot play anymore because his body went down. the Yankees are silently pushing him away.

I have a better question: Who said that Brown was finished. The guy really just had terrible first innings and got effective after getting warmed up. Brown is not finished.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Tino is a feast or famine hitter now, just like McGwire was as he hung on for 2 years too many.

Both stayed around too long, and both are hitting well below .300 in their final years. It's easy to see they are done when 1/3 of their (far too many) hits are HR's.

Tino should have retired 2 years ago...this will be his last year.
  • Options
    What a bitter, bitter person you are. Tino batted a respectable .262 last year with 23 Home Runs in 458 at Bats.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/martiti02.shtml

How many Mariners even came close last year?
  • Options
    Wow we're admiring players with a .262 batting average now?

Jeez I guess the standards for yankee fans really have dwindled huh?

• Options
    It figures, you change the subject and don't answer my question. I forgot to mention he is a great fielder too.
  • Options
    Hmm who had a year like that for the M's?

How about Ichiro, who set the single season hits record (a record which stood for over 80 years), and batted .372.

But I guess you'll say 'he didn't hit 23 home runs!'

Spammy you are impossible to have a debate with, because you are so blinded by your professed love (though I am still dubious) of the yankees means you cannot see ANYTHING great outside of NY.

Good day to you sir. I am done trying to have any sort of reasonable conversation with you.
  • Options
    Ichiro was obvious. Besides Ichiro, Boone and WHO?