Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Source for older Canada 5¢ Album?

Anybody know where I could find an old Library of Coins or Whitman Bookshelf album for the fishscales starting in 1858? I might be interested in others titles, too. Old new stock would be great and unexpected, but decent used condition is acceptable.

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Library of Coins 5c Album has the silver and nickel coins in it. I picked one up last weekend at a coin show and I have the name of the dealer who has a few more. Mine cost me $10 used. PM me if you are interested.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    For all old, discontinued, etc Whitman & other brand folders & albums, I have always had a good experiance with & recommended:

Chief Coin & Supply Co.
    P.O. Box 254
    Oshkosh, WI 54903-0254

Phone: 920-231-6161
    Fax: 920-231-6122

ask for Randy Miller.

From his price list dated 5/1/02:

Canadian 5cent Silver (1858-1921) Whitman Bookshelf Album #9502 (2pages) = $5used $8new

Good luck!

- - Dave image
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    I have to keep trying to get in touch with Chief Coin Supply. It doesn't matter which day or time I call, I always get their answering machine (an no one has ever called me back). image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Shiro:

I believe it's still pretty much a "mom-and-pop" operation. One time I called, I got hold of Randy's wife, who said she was the only one in when he went to coin shows. So he may be travelling. So don't give up! I believe from other peoples' posts that he doesn't bring much in the way of these folders with him when he hits shows, but I may be wrong.

- - Daveimage