Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

anyone have any dealings with qc_broker

The guy does have a flawless record on ebay. I bought a 73' OPC PSA 9 Rod Carew and the check cleared my bank a week ago. I have sent two e-mails with no repsonses back. Other people that have won from him are receiving their products. So how would you play this after spending over $100 for the card? I hate the typical excuse that " i am too busy to e-mail every question". I run a repo company and work some 80-100 hours a week and i have the time to e-mail people on my auctions. The least is that i do expect to get a response from someone when i e-mail them for information.

Comments

• Options
    yes, lousy customer service..I won a card on march 22, 2005, check cleared on or around 28th of march, still dont have my card. After many many emails finally got the response card mailed april 11th...

obviously still not here..

last time I will ever buy from them again nor will I leave pos feedback.
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Her is his contact info from EBAY. Address provided by me. And i will be calling.

Mark Seidel
    279 W SAN RAMON AVE
    FRESNO, CA 93704
    559-449-1340
  • Options
    This is the #1 reason I won't buy from someone that doesn't use Paypal.
  • Options
    athleticsfanathleticsfan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    The check cleared one week ago? If I were you I would shut up, show a little patience, remove the guys personal personal you have just posted and get rid of that stupid Bush/Cheney icon.
    A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989
  • Options
    sounds like sour grapes from a "So Full of S*&t You Need Two Johns" fan....
  • Options

Atheticfan--not my fault your team sucks!! The info provided by me was sent to me via e-mail from Mark when i ordered this card. So bl** me. Sometimes people lose addresses from whom they ordered from. Now say this in the voice of "Special Ed" from Phone Prank---"I voted for Bush, yay!!! I voted for Bush, yay!!!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Bush guy- I am surprised you didn't add in "nanner, nanner, nanner" next? Or maybe a mom joke!? Speak adult English please. Come on now, "your team sucks," followed by a bunch of jibberish is that all you got?
  • Options
    lol funny stuff image
    Ryan
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    Carew29 has already shown himself to be an idiot..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Patience, patience. Give the guy a chance to get your cards to you. With a flawless feedback record I wouldn't worry at all. Everybody expects the packages to be sent out without delay--sometimes it's not possible. He could have a demanding full-time job which make it harder to get his packages out in a timely fashion.
  • Options
    MiniMasterMiniMaster Posts: 505 ✭✭
    You should definately give this seller some slack! There was a new addition to his family! Sometimes an eBay auction is not the #1 priority in our lives. Albeit it might have been nice to get an e-mail to explain this fact, it doesn't excuse your impatience to the point of posting on this forum in the manner that you did. It is further shameful for his personal address to be displayed by the responder! Like the responder couldn't have asked you to e-mail him if he wanted to give you that info???? Unbelievably ignorant.......don't we live in America? Where your innocent until proven guilty? This is a fantastic seller and he sent my PSA 10 75 Topps Mini card I purchased from him on eBay well within a reasonable time frame considering the new addition to his family. BTW: He and his wife even sent photo's of the new little one to me! Quality people that certainly didn't need to do that.

• Options
    GatorGator Posts: 210
    I won an auction from him on 3/14/05 and recieved it 3/28/05. Also won another on 3/16/05 and recieved it 4/1/05. I sent personal checks for both.

I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    I am sick and tired of hearing everyone say its ok for buyers to wait on sellers and how they "may be busy", what a bunch of crap. They weren't to busy to put up the listing, they weren't to busy to goto the bank and deposit the check. Sellers have an obligation to send the item in a reasonable amount of time. Just as they tell us we have 7 or 10 days to get the payment to them or a neg will be left, we as buyers have the right to hold the sellers to the same standards.

Of course certian things may come up and delay a seller on occasion, but a reasonable expectation is warrented. I wonder if all you defenders would be so calm if you purchased a t206 cobb for 4500.00 and your check cleared 3 weeks ago, had no reply from the seller to your emails, no card, and were just sitting around wondering, if maybe you got ripped off, or maybe something just happened in the life of the seller and Its ok to wait longer. Anyone who tells me its ok after 3 weeks of their funds clearing and no contact has either too much money and is willing to throw it away, or very trusting. What is expensive to one maybe cheap to another. Look, I am not saying that 1 week after a check clears is sufficent time to begin getting worried or bash someone, but at some point a line has to be drawn and a seller has to be held accountable.

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I agree that if a seller has time to scan a card and list it on eBay, then has time time to go to the bank and cash the check, he should make time to send the item that was paid for.

If something urgent comes up, he should make time to fire off an e-mail to the buyer explaining why there will be a delay.
  • Options
    am sick and tired of hearing everyone say its ok for buyers to wait on sellers and how they "may be busy", what a bunch of crap. They weren't to busy to put up the listing, they weren't to busy to goto the bank and deposit the check. Sellers have an obligation to send the item in a reasonable amount of time. Just as they tell us we have 7 or 10 days to get the payment to them or a neg will be left, we as buyers have the right to hold the sellers to the same standards.

Nicely written and my point exactly. I have had a couple of instances where people reported me to ebay as a non-payer 3 days after the auction ended. When i shot off an e-mail, the reply was this is his standard practice because he has so many auctions running every week and it is done automaticly. I usually pay everyone same day via Paypal unless they request other form of payment. But when you go running to the bank the same day and then a lengthy time goes by, and no replys to e-mails, how much are we supposed to take before start to question it. According to you guys, the same amount of time it takes to get your cards back from PSA. I see people constantly whining--i didn't get my cards yet!! But boy did PSA ever cash that check quickly.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Carew29- That makes a lot of sense. You are clearly very smart. Comparing Ebay mailing practices to PSA mailing practices is like comparing "W" to Abe Lincoln! I am sorry you spout off like you do because I am big Rod Carew fan and hate to see you soiling his name. I am however ok with you using the Bush logo next to your brilliant posts!
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Carew29- That makes a lot of sense. You are clearly very smart. Comparing Ebay mailing practices to PSA mailing practices is like comparing "W" to Abe Lincoln! I am sorry you spout off like you do because I am big Rod Carew fan and hate to see you soiling his name. I am however ok with you using the Bush logo next to your brilliant posts! >>

i kinda like Rod Carew AND President Bush.. but I dont like this Carew9 guy at all..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Nobody questions the logic that a seller that banks funds right away and then waits a long time to send an item without explanation is acting irresponsibly! Many of the critics in this thread keep bringing up a 3 week delay? I believe the original conservative (a good thing) indicated a 1 week delay? This was the minor delay in my situation as well. If it had been 3 weeks I'd be concerned as well as all you other critics out there. But this was not the case here! Athletics Fan had a good point considering only a 1 week delay.......had it been a 3 week delay then we certainly have plenty to talk about!

• Options
    By the way......the Athletics have historically had great teams and to slam someone that elects to display that they are a fan of the Athletics puts you down there with dirt .....quite a pathetic and childish response to Athletics Fan!
    You should read larryallen73's response over and over so that you learn from your mistakes and your limited grasp/control of the english language!

• Options

Guess i shouldn't go on American Idol. I sure as heck wouldn't get any votes from you guys.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Type in "personal check" on ebay's seller central forum, and you'll find out pretty quick why many sellers wait at least 10 business days before shipping expensive items paid for by personal check. There are always threads on there about checks bouncing 2-4 weeks after they are deposited, and this happened to a co-worker of mine a few months ago. He also thought the check had 'cleared.'

Just because the funds are available to a seller's bank account (usually takes 1-2 days after the check is deposited) doesn't mean it has 'cleared' and there is no longer a chance it will bounce. That takes much longer.

• Options
    Carew fan,

We have kissed and made up but this is for the public record. Why would you list my personal information in this forum? Your letter/check was postmarked April 4th. Your letter arrived April 7th. You have stated your check cleared April 8th. I have no idea when your check clears. I do not have the time to check into every transaction. I usually wait six business/banking days before I ship the card. I shipped your card on April 14th. I never received any emails from you but that may be due to the fact that I recently changed internet providers. I did receive the EBay request for my personal information but you never called to see where your card was? You have purchased a couple of Carew cards from me in the past without incident. Why would you think this deal would be any different?

Qc_broker
  • Options
    Send me an email and let me check into your transaction. I had an addition to the family recently and got a little behind. I want my customers to be satisfied with their transactions.

Qc_broker
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You have purchased a couple of Carew cards from me in the past without incident. Why would you think this deal would be any different? >>

Carew29
    If this is true that you have done good business in the past, why did you come on this board as if the sky was falling?

I think you owe qc broker a big open apology and should delete his personal info from your posts.

Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    because I am big Rod Carew fan and hate to see you soiling his name

I think I covered that long ago.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    If you out of Texas the checked cleared April 4th. I have the email from you stating that. I was late on yours by 4 days. Sorry.

Qc_Broker
  • Options

As i first posted "qc_broker" had a virtually perfect record. I looked at my auctions and found only 1 dealing with him June 8th,2004. Since then i have had over 400 winning bids. That is the only auction i could find out of my 1700. As "qc" has joined this site, we have kissed and made up. My apology to anyone offended by this thread including "qc_broker". I told "qc" i will leave positive feedback for him. "qc" also stated from now on he would put this in the auction decription of holding checks. It also appears now that he did find the e-mails i sent him last week as well. I actually thought helping one of your own that burned a couple of weeks ago for $3,000 would be helpful. But apparently the majority of you on this thread don't want it. So i will leave it at that.

Marc