Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Heritage variation - CHECKLISTS!

Not even kidding here - time for an addition to the master set. Amazing this one made it as far as it did without someone catching it. There are 2 variations of each checklist.

1a. Front - last card listed is 182 Richard Hidalgo
Back - last card listed is 366 David Bell

1b. Front - last card listed is 183 Nick Johnson
Back - last card listed is 367 Shea Hillenbrand

2a. Front - last card listed is THC68 Tyler Clippard
Back - No mention of 1956 cut autos, gap between T&N cards and fine print

2b. Front - last card listed is THC73 Ryan Sweeney
Back - 1956 Cut cards listed, no gap.

Kudos to Topps for this little surprise, and thanks to a poster on the Beckett boards who noticed this in his first few boxes. I doubt any are short printed, since I have all 4. Maybe some of you guys with stacks of these things sitting around can determine this!

Actually, I think mine are short printed - they all say 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. I'm rich! Enjoy.

Comments

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    went through my stack - no variations to be found. I don't suppose you have extras?

Did the poster on the Beckett board post pix?
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Here ares some scans - if anybody wants to host bigger pics (CU will only let me host 50k), PM me and I will send them to you.

Early rumor is that the A versions (they are on the left in the pic) are scarcer - can anybody with a huge stack of CLs confirm this?

• Options
    Jeff

I have a stack of approximately 40 checklists at home. I will check tonight and post my breakdown. Thank you for sharing this new find. I am finished with building my sets. If you need any SPs, chrome, inserts etc., please send me a list and I can give you a good price.

David

• Options
    Just went through my checklists:

checklist 1 (a) ---last one on front is Nick Johnson. I have 18
    checklist 1 (b) ---last one on front is Richard Hildalgo. I have 3

checklist 2 (a) -- last one on front is Ryan Sweeney. I have 20
    checklist 2 (b) ---last one on front on Tyler Cuppard. I have 4

• Options
    SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT yeah, looks like another SP maybe! For once I lucked out and seem to have beaten the odds - I have 2 extras, both of the more common #1. Anybody think this might have been done in other years and we just haven't caught it yet?
  • Options
    Jeff - email me those checklist pics and I'll get 'em up for you.

Geordie
  • Options
    Here's a larger pic of Jeff's checklists (back only)

You can definitely see the difference. Aaaarrggghh - the set isn't dead yet.

Pharber - you have email

Geordie
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    awesome! btw Mudflap, I got the 1993 Spawn promo Pog, 3-1986 Topps Milt Thompsons, as well as the 1/1 Die-cut 2005 Topps Heritage Ramon Ortiz today.. thanks for the trade!

if anybody else needs any of them, let me know, they're all for trade except the Spawn Pog which I sold to a kid down the street for $40 bucks..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice job mudflap. I kept the best two checklists and threw the rest out. figures ....... I have 1a and 2b

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    I went through my checklists:

checklist 1a - Nick Johnson version - I have 22
    checklist 1b - Richard Hildalgo version - I have 7

checklist 2a - Ryan Sweeney version - I have 15
    checklist 2b - Tyler Cuppard on front - I have 6
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so , who wants to sell me 1b & 2a????

softparade is a jackass for tossing his huge stack of checklists

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    1a...12
    1b...8

2a...10
    2b..5

doesn't sound like too much of a sp to me...mabe a difference between hobby and retail?

JS
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>doesn't sound like too much of a sp to me...mabe a difference between hobby and retail? >>

Kevin
    What's the % of your purchases hobby vs. retail?
    I have more hobby than retail - 2 to 1 hobby.

checklist 1 is 8/3
    checklist 2 is 8/2

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    The Hobby/retail theory sounds pretty sound to me. I've bought a lot more of the retail packs than hobby. I don't know if I've ever pulled a checklist from the booster boxes, but I know that I've pulled them from loose retail and hobby packs. Anybody have some older checklists from other years to see if this is a new thing, or just something that's slipped under the radar for 5 years?
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Anyone have any checklists they want to sell me?
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    Okay, base cards, high numbers, short prints, variations and light backs...how many cards are in this set?
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay, base cards, high numbers, short prints, variations and light backs...how many cards are in this set? >>

Arch
    That's a good question...looks like we better fasten our seat belts and just ride this one out!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Why is beckett still ignoring the light backs? The new beckett baseball came out today and heritage is priced...not a word about
    the light backs!

Kevin
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Why is beckett still ignoring the light backs? The new beckett baseball came out today and heritage is priced...not a word about
    the light backs!

Kevin >>

They will probably treat the lightbacks as a print variation...and the number of people actively collecting the light backs like us is probably limited in scope.
  • Options
    In the past Topps has definitely had slightly different checklists in retail vs hobby. I remember this being the case for 2001 and 2002 Topps Base Issues and I would bet that is the difference in this years Heritage.
    Mark
    "Pete Rose would walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Sparky Anderson
  • Options
    Mark-

You're right. The cut signatures were unavailable in retail packs, so they would not be on the checklists. Mystery solved I guess. Moral of the story - everybody go snag a couple of retail packs.
  • Options
    Axtell

Im ok with citing print variations, sure that happends, but this is cleary not a mistake. The same 220 cards have both variations, it is also
    a fact that NO sp's have these variations..this is news and there is some reason why topps and beckett are trying to get this hush
    hush

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Why is beckett still ignoring the light backs? The new beckett baseball came out today and heritage is priced...not a word about
    the light backs!

Kevin >>

They actually do have them listed on the online beckett site. Don't know why they arent in the mag.

Ryan
    Ryan
  • Options

<< <i>

the light backs!

Kevin >>

They actually do have them listed on the online beckett site. Don't know why they arent in the mag.

Ryan >>

indeed.. it appears they plan to list prices for them some time in the future, because they definitely have a space reserved for them in their "online" price guide..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    as for checklists, i have several 1b and 2b's.. all of them came out of my Kuhlman boxes..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

the light backs!

Kevin >>

Ryan >>

indeed.. it appears they plan to list prices for them some time in the future, because they definitely have a space reserved for them in their "online" price guide.. >>

Yes, they aren't priced but it does say "*WHITE BACKS: .75X TO 2X BASIC" for unlisted stars. Atleast thats where its listed under, though that could be for all of them.
    Ryan
  • Options
    aha!!

you guys were talking about retail vs. hobby packs, and I remembered a stack of blaster box cards I had stuck somewhere. At the bottom of the stack were two checklists, one of each variation. I'm glad, because I remember throwing a bunch of those away.

Nice catch Jeff!

Geordie