Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Off Topic--Let's guess how long Ebay lets this run

I'm no legal expert, but this sounds like a lottery to me.

Caesar's Palace

Comments

• Seems like a good way to launder money.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭
    I hope that's a shill who is bidding because if any real person bid on that they are the single dumbest person I have ever heard of! That is idiotic! Lunacy!
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    seems like a load of BS if u ask me
    Good for you.
  • any fool with half a brain would see through this.
  • charliehustle14charliehustle14 Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    93.2% feedback...A model eBayer to be sure...
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I think I'll email him and ask him if I'm the winning bidder, if he'll just subtract my winning bid from the cash, and just send me the difference.
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    HEHeHE.....sounds more like he is trying to recoup some of his losses rather then give away some of his winnings......

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Based on his description of the cup's contents and the pictures provided, the aboslute lowest possible amount in the cup is $147.

<< <i>Based on his description of the cup's contents and the pictures provided, the aboslute lowest possible amount in the cup is $147. >>

Actually, if it were legit, there would have to be more than that. He also says this in the auction:

"I'll also tell you that there at least 2 of the following bills... $100, $50, $20, $10, $5, and $1 bills. There are 128 bills total. "

So at worst, there would have to be 2 $100's, 2 $50's, 2 $20's, 2 $10's, 2 $5's and 118 $1's for a minimum total of $488. So I'll just bid $487, tell him to subtract the winning bid from the cash and send me the difference. Since there is no way the total could be less than that, he should have no problem with that.
  • Ah, I misinterpreted that. I thought he meant that he is guaranteeing of those bills, there are at least two of only one from the list...so there could be two $1 bills and he would meet the requirement of that statement. Your idea is awesome...I'd be really interested in hearing his response to that.
    Just sent the following email, and I am anxiously awaiting to see what kind of excuse they send back on why they won't accept this.

Hi, if I'm the winning bidder for this auction, I assume it will OK to subtract the winning bid amount from the cash in the cup and you would just send the difference. That way you won't have to worry about messing with the money order. I can't see any reason why this would not be OK, but can you send me an email to confirm that this would be OK.
  • heh heh, that's classic!...but probably not as classic as the response you'll get.
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Learning from his mistakes?

Compare the seller in the first auction to the high bidder in this one.
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    He lost money when he was the buyer, according to the feedback he left, but it was "fun none the less." I would be willing to bet that there is exactly $147 in the cup - the twenty that you see, and 127 ones. That would make "at least two of the following bills." I'll play by bidding $125 and paying him with a hot check.
  • I sent the following email:

Did you get the ceasers cup with the recent auction you got ripped off on March 27th when you were the high bidder? Or ,were you in vegas on your laptop and they sent you the jars via fedex and you bankrolled those winning jars into a string of hot luck which you now want to share.
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • dunerduner Posts: 625
    it sounds to me like this guy's been reading an lsat logic games book....needless to say my money says that at best there's $128 total. but i'd love to see the angle when it's done...like there's $2 and 128 "bills"...maybe really scarce playbills to the local theater?
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Check out other mystery items, prices are coming down, but the last few months there have been some selling in the thousands of dollars.
  • That would never work with Canadian money. everything below a 5 note is in coin form and all the notes themselves are all different colors
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Based on his description of the cup's contents and the pictures provided, the aboslute lowest possible amount in the cup is $147. >>

Actually, if it were legit, there would have to be more than that. He also says this in the auction:

"I'll also tell you that there at least 2 of the following bills... $100, $50, $20, $10, $5, and $1 bills. There are 128 bills total. "

So at worst, there would have to be 2 $100's, 2 $50's, 2 $20's, 2 $10's, 2 $5's and 118 $1's for a minimum total of $488. So I'll just bid $487, tell him to subtract the winning bid from the cash and send me the difference. Since there is no way the total could be less than that, he should have no problem with that. >>

It doesn't say two of EACH of the following bills......

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

<< <i>Just sent the following email, and I am anxiously awaiting to see what kind of excuse they send back on why they won't accept this.

Hi, if I'm the winning bidder for this auction, I assume it will OK to subtract the winning bid amount from the cash in the cup and you would just send the difference. That way you won't have to worry about messing with the money order. I can't see any reason why this would not be OK, but can you send me an email to confirm that this would be OK. >>

Ha, got the expected response:

If your the winning bidder I'll send you the cup with the cash in it. I'm not touching the cup or the money until the auction ends and I'll the send the whole thing to you...
  • You should respond with, "Yes but if I'm the winning bidder I will then technically own the cup. At that time, I will give you permission to go into the cup and remove my winning bid amount + shipping to make things easier on both of us.