Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969er's The 1st 10 I've received

69er's,
I've submitted I dont know how many 1969's. I just got my 1st 10, and I'm thrilled. Its the #90 Jerry Koosman Mets card. I've probrably made more than half the 9's in the POP on this card and I'm just so happy I finally got a 10.

Comments

• Options
    coachhcoachh Posts: 529
    Congrats. Some day I will get a 10 on any card.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    image nice! I've never submitted a 10 that old.. 1972 Kelloggs is my oldest 10 submitted..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    And it's a 1/1 to boot! Congratulations Bob.

If any of your recent 1969 submissions have come back low, please keep me in mind. I'm looking for a few 7s. Thanks.
  • Options
    Just goes to show you that the pop report is worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Hubcap,
    You cant say that. I just got the card. They havent updated the Pop report yet. It will be on the next update.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nice job Gaspipe!!
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I got a couple of real tough ones on this shipment. PSA 8's from 1971 for Phil Regan and Mike Jorgensen.
  • Options
    Bob,

Any of these in 7?

01) 068...Dave Duncan
    02) 291...Vern Fuller
    03) 300...Felipe Alou
    04) 346...Wayne Comer
    05) 426...Curt Flood All Star
    06) 435...Sam McDowell All Star
    07) 447...Ralph Houk
    08) 449...Paul Lindblad
    09) 505...Bobby Bolin
    10) 511...Diego Segui
    11) 543...Fred Newman

Michael
  • Options
    How I can say that? Come on. You have submitted this card numerous times and it always came back a 9. So what is the true 9 pop for this card?

Lots of collectors are doing that for all grades. Resubmitting and resubmitting until you run out of money or get the higher grade.

And that is why the pop is worthless. *frown*
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Hubcap:

I don't think Bob was saying he cracked and resubmitted. I think he was saying that he has had TONS of raw and has just submitted a large number of Koosman cards over the years that graded 9.... and that is how he was responsible for half the 9s
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    WTG Bob, there aren't too many 10's out there for '69 and I couldn't afford them anyway. It must be a great feeling.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    Teriffic Submission on the Met Card ! As others have said , I have yet to get a 10 on any of my submissions ! Congrats on a tough card ! ..............Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    Mike,
    Your right. I submitted the last of my Koosman cards from 1969. I had a few hundred back in the 80's. I've submitted at least 40 to PSA over the past 5 years. These were the last 3 real nice ones left. 1-10 and 2-9's. Most of the remaining are OC.
  • Options
    Let me know when you get a Koosman RC in PSA 10...I'd be very interested in buying it from you image
  • Options
    I believe Ron Ritt had a standing offer $30000 for the Koosman Rookie in 10.
  • Options
    Gaspipe,

I know Fabfrank here on the boards would definitely be in interested in 1971 Jorgensen PSA 8. It is one of the last 5 or 6 cards he need for his 1971 set. I am sure that he will give you well over SMR for it if you contact him. Didn't get a 1971 #382 Jake Gibbs that was PSA 7 or better in that submission did you? If so, please let me know as it is the last card I need for my set.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Options
    Bob,
    The Koosman card was always one of my favorites from the set. I am left handed; and in the childhood days when I pitched a sponge ball against my front steps I always imagined I was "Koos".
    Post a scan of that puppy when you get it.
    Congrats!
    RayBShotz
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    imafishnut,
    As a matter of fact I did get a Jake Gibbs in 7. rjc012661@aol.com

Ray,
    I'm a lefty too.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Congrats Bob! It's long over due!
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>69er's,
    I've submitted I dont know how many 1969's. I just got my 1st 10, and I'm thrilled. Its the #90 Jerry Koosman Mets card. I've probrably made more than half the 9's in the POP on this card and I'm just so happy I finally got a 10. >>

Great job Bob! Nothing better than getting a 10 on a '69 Met. I thought you got another PSA 10 on the Claude Osteen from the set you purchased in a previous Mastro auction.
  • Options
    gemint,
    You know your right! OK I got 3-10's!!
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Bob

Great Job on that. The koosman is a tough card in high grade. I am fortunate to have one of your 9's in my set.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>gemint,
    You know your right! OK I got 3-10's!! >>

I should be worried that I remember these things. image

I'm still waiting for my first 1969 PSA 10 on a personal submission.