Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1991 Stadium Club (football)

anyone know if these packs are wax or foil?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    more kinda like "cello" packs.. plastic, but sealed like a wax-pack type deal with the flaps overlapping on the back..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    ok i think i understand....main reason i was asking is for risk assesment on resealing.
    Wanted to buy a few packs from the "bay"

so, they're folded like wax packs but are a "foil" type material.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Not foil, more like a colored cellophane. The problem is that you can see the top and bottom cards because they are slightly transparent. Knowing how Topps used collation codes for their packs in that era, someone who knows the codes could easily pull the packs with Favre in them. Honestly, you're better off buying the Favre graded or raw. Boxes for $50-60 and packs for $2, and you your odds at getting one in a box is a little worse than even money (500 cards in the set, 432 in a box). You could get a PSA 9 or two PSA 8s for the price of a box. Or you could wait a little while for him to retire and his cards cool off. This one is pretty hot right now, and usually 2 years after a guy retires his cards go cold, then pick back up when he gets elected. In recent memory, it happened with Sanders, Marino, Elway, and in baseball Murray, Boggs, and Sandberg. It's almost like when they get elected people collectively think "Man, he was great. I should go buy his rookie card." That's happening to some degree right now with Favre's RCs.

Lee
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply guys.

How about 89 score fb? are those foil or wax. If memory serves (not often) those were some of the first foil packs??
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    89 Score FB was the plastic wrapper that is ripped when pulled apart. I doubt anyone can reseal those.

I think if you press the wrapper down you can see the top and bottom cards, but not sure anymore.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    CDsNuts is just about spot on. Favre is all I collect, and very specifically, Favre rookies. At this very time, his cards are actually a little cold. Not ice cold, but a little cooler than what they were about a year ago. The 91 TSC is down about $50 from where it was last May. Most of his rookies have fallen off since the start of last season. I am not sure if the market is afraid that he is going to retire soon, or what the deal is. You would think they would be a little hotter with a potentially pending retirement looming.

I have spend enough on boxes to know that the series is a little large to guarantee yourself a Favre from a box, even if the packs aren't searched. Sometimes you pull 2, sometimes you pull 0. Save your time and money and get a graded card. There are a ton of them out there, in all grades...
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    What is considered Favre's 'rookie' card? I am sure he has many, what's considered his rookie card (i.e. which will be the one they choose for the HoF set registry)?
  • Options

<< <i>What is considered Favre's 'rookie' card? I am sure he has many, what's considered his rookie card (i.e. which will be the one they choose for the HoF set registry)? >>

I asked that same question in another thread a few weeks ago and the answer i generally got was the Stadium Club 1991 card. Some opted for Farves first card in a Packer uniform (dont remember the card or year). For the registry most think TSC 1991.

• Options
    Cello