Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

mastro auction

anyone pick anything up from mastro?

i bid on a few hank aaron stuff, but was blown away the third day.

Comments

• Options
    I tried the last time around and got shutout, so I decided to pass this time around. Might do MileHigh if they have another one though,.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    Snagged the Alcindor PSA 9 RC and the '56 PSA 9 Kaline from the Milehigh auction a few months back... I thought I got a nice discount on the Alcindor but SMR is now below what I paid... I ain't selling it anyway...a buy and hold if there ever was one...
  • Options
    I had my eye on some of the unopened material (mostly the late 70's early 80's GAI basketball boxes).

The '57 Topps Football GAI 9 penny pack for $163 was a great deal.

I'll save my money for their next auction.
  • Options
    Too rich for my blood on what I wanted.
    OT, kingraider75- Did you go see the Angels play at old Wrigley? My dad used to go to those games as well as the Coliseium Dodgers/Chavez Ravine Dodger games. Way cool avatar.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I had a hectic day and night, I missed the end of auction by 18 minutes image
    I was watching a bunch but pissed about 1963 fleer set with wrapper for 693$
    and 1960 Rival all stars Mantle Boyer PSA 8 for 163$, I know this is close to SMR but I feel an 8 would do abover SMR on the bay.

edited:Crap, also adventure gum with O/C Schmeling for 572$, but I did pick up a nice Red Menace set for cheap off the bay
  • Options
    i've yet to be impressed by mastro's football inventory. i'll just wait for mile high's....which traditionally hasn't been much better.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Got the 58 Berra PSA 9 and the McDougald and Kubek Yoo Hoo cards. Strangely, my lots were open way past the 30 minute cut-off period [?]
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    The angels actually physically playing in Los Angeles, was before my time. But I followed them as the California and Anaheim Angels, so I guess why not Los Angeles. I do like the logo, it's a damn fine looking retro thing isn't it!!

What other auctions are out there besides Milehigh and Mastro???
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!