Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Unbelievable

I bought a 1986 Jeno's Pizza set for the Marino. I received it last night (about 40 cards) loose in a bubble mailer - WRAPPED in a RUBBER BAND. None of the cards were individually sleeved - so many of the top and bottom cards were dinged. The sad thing is that many were in good shape to start with.

This is quite amazing for a dealer w/ nearly 8000 feedback. I left him a negative - since the act was too stupid for me to even complain. There is no excuse. Thanks for listening to my morning rant (I haven't had coffee yet image

Regards,

Greg M.

Link
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• Options
    I thought cards in rubber bands went out in the 80's!
    M39/10USNY:US1Cu10000:US5Ni3520:US10Ag94:US25Ag65:US50Ag18
    2000 Gallery PPI Registry Set
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Greg - did you not even try to resolve the problem with the seller?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    I had the same problem with this seller larshep4i98., I purchased a lot of Theismann "pack fresh" cards with a BIN of $9.95. They came with a rubber band and dinged corners. I took the easy way out and chaulked it up to my Ebay experiences, due to him leaving me negitive feedback. I must say, I'll never do that again. They need to get a clue.
  • Options
    what an idiot. Does he normally sell cards though?? maybe he's a car parts dealer????
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Greg - did you not even try to resolve the problem with the seller? >>

In my opinion, there is no reason to resolve this problem. The seller received a negative due to extreme stupidity. I'm not going out of my way to mail the cards back for a $10 refund. ANY seller should know better than to mail the cards wrapped in a rubber band loose in a bubble mailer.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, there is no reason to resolve this problem

agreed. People worry about negative/retaliatory feedback too much.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>what an idiot. Does he normally sell cards though?? maybe he's a car parts dealer???? >>

He sells a lot of cards. I'm surprised more people haven't complained

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    maybe he pays them off so they won't leave a negative. How about this, perhaps the cards were already messed up, let's say VGEX and not NRMT as he might have stated. Maybe by packing them so poorly he thinks that people will thinks it's just his poor packing, and that he's not lying which listing the auction??

What condition did he claim they were in?
  • Options
    NRMT

References:
  • Options
    "extreme stupidity"

You could not have said it any better
  • Options
    People worry about negative/retaliatory feedback too much

I agree, but it sucks when they do. I personally think that is a Ebay problem. Every month when someone calls me from Ebay to ask how it's going, I always give them an ear full on this.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Every month when someone calls me from Ebay to ask how it's going, I always give them an ear full on this. >>

EBAY calls you every month???....just to chat????
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    8000+ feedbacks.. 111 negatives.. heh
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    yeah he has a lot of negatives. This guy just wants the do-re-mi without putting much effort into it. He needs to work on his customer service for sure.

Tuff break, Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    maybe you should resell them at a loss and get what you can for the damaged cards. At least you won't be reminded of how you got shafted.
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    I noticed he left you positive feedback in the morning, and then you left him a negative in the afternoon. Would you have done the same if he did not already leave you a postive?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    First thing I looked at too, Jay. A neutral was then in order IMO
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I noticed he left you positive feedback in the morning, and then you left him a negative in the afternoon. Would you have done the same if he did not already leave you a postive? >>

Actually I left feedback first. I dinged him w/ a neg and then he left me positive. He must not have looked at his feedback before he left mine. If you look at the times - I left mine at 3 a.m. and he left his around 8 or 9 a.m.

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    playing chicken with feedback is always fun. I flinch first almost a 100% of the time.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I agree that a negative should be left without contacting the seller. This is so blatant that you don't want to give the seller a chance to get off the hook. You will only be hurting everybody else if you let him get away with it.

I left a seller a neg once because he described a Burger King set as Mint and it came to me in about VG condition with rounded corners. I paid about $1.50 for the set. He had 5000 feedback. I wasn't sure what to do. I then thought that I had to waste about 10 minutes out of my life because this guy is too lazy to stop and look at the cards that he puts in his auction. Is that asking too much actually look at the cards before you auction them instead of just putting the word "Mint" in every single auction you run? I realized that I would have to waste more time out of my life trying to get $1.50 refund from this deadbeat and the next person would go through the same thing if I didn't do anything. So he got a Neg for his laziness. That's they only way that he will think twice about putting "Mint" in every single auction title just to boost sales. If it was an honest mistake, like the cards being NM instead of Mint, I would have worked it out with him, but it wasn't even close.

Edited to add: This is also the only Neg that I have because he left me a retalitory Neg. I don't care though, I had to stand my ground.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think feedback should not be posted until:

A) Both feedbacks have been left - thus eliminating retaliation feedbacks

B) After a certain time period, after which no feedback can be left (30 days? 45? 90?)

The problem with this idea, of course, is that it allows scammers to rip people off for as much as 90 days until people see all their negatives unless they also post feedback for some reason.

Tabe
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think feedback should not be posted until:

A) Both feedbacks have been left - thus eliminating retaliation feedbacks

B) After a certain time period, after which no feedback can be left (30 days? 45? 90?)

The problem with this idea, of course, is that it allows scammers to rip people off for as much as 90 days until people see all their negatives unless they also post feedback for some reason.

Tabe >>

huh?image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I second that "huh"
    Good for you.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I think we should have absolutely zero concern about retaliation negatives. We need to do each other favors by letting each other know of bad sellers. If you check my 1 negative feedback, I followed up with "This is a retaliation negative. He ripped me off. I did nothing wrong here." I think everybody that reads that can figure it out.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    GregM - congrats on your stones for launching the nuke. I find the Ebay system too "feel good" in many instances. Too many people trying to get away with stuff, and hoping the buyer will be afraid to launch a neg or question their credibility because of a potential return that may diminish their FB rating. I only say this because the situation, as you described, appears to be a blatent example of someone shipping you stuff that is subpar -- and trying to get away with it. They would probably have refunded your money if you objected, but at your expense and hassle. Thumbs up. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    EBAY calls you every month???....just to chat????

For about the last 7-8 months. It's always from the Ebay Motors side. I even have a 800 number to call when, and if, I have a problem. I honestly thought they did this with all power sellers. That or she, Barb, likes my voice!

And another thing $20.00 can get it removed, it'll show "mutually withdrawn"
  • Options
    Alas another seller with so many feedback he just accepts the negs as part of business...sigh
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I second that "huh" >>

I didn't explain myself real well.

If you hold feedbacks until both sides are posted, or for 90 days, then scammers can rip people off without concern until the bad feedbacks start showing up. That would be either: A) When they themselves also post a feedback (which they wouldn't do); or B) After 90 days. This would give them free reign for 90 days feedback-wise.

Still, even with this flaw, I think my idea makes a lot more sense than the current system that allows retaliation feedbacks.

Tabe