Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

65 TOPPS Seller claims cards are 1/3 when they are not.

And because of this the cards went for more money then they may have. In this sellers defense he did list a card that was a 1/2 as a 1/9! Very spirited bidding at the end as our old friend Toppsgun lost out to some serious coin guy's. 200.00 plus for Mint 9 cards. The 1/3 cards were all 1/4 or 1/5's In any event I will sit back and watch for the time being.

Steve
Good for you.

Comments

• Options
    I hope most of those bidders were up on the pop reports. I'm pretty sure Toppsgun was. I've gone up against him and lost image for some '67's many times. Come to think of it, I've also purchased some from him as well!! image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Most knew that it wasnt a 1/9. That is one of the hardest team cards in the 1965 set.
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    I will assume you guys are talking about another seller and not me. When I posted a week ago, I used the current reports at that time in the auction.
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

the guy wasnt trying to get over, he was just plain wrong.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    This has become more frequent as of late. I had two Salada coins in my hand back from a submission and the pop report reflected only one in that grade. Great time to sell-but I knew there was at least three. PSA should consider updating the Pop report prior to sending back submissions-but it will increase the time it takes for us to get them back. It would seem logical that when they print the label, it should be tied to the system that updates the pop numbers. Just a thought.

CoachTom
    Always interested in Hank Aaron items-currently buying Aaron OPC singles or lots-graded or raw.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

EJ- we are talking about another guy.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Coach in this case the pop reports were not wrong. One card had been a pop of 4 for at least a month prior to the listing. I think the guy just plain old made an honest mistake.

Im wondering with the prices that 9's are bringing should I sell mine? Or will there always be a couple of guys willing to be huge sums for just about any 9? I was getting used to getting them for under 60.00 (i did pay 150.00 the other nite for one, at least it was for the set I plan on keeping, I felt stupid bidding that hi for it too.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    JonBJonB Posts: 495
    Bidders have to realize that the POP report doesn't update the second the card is graded. In fact, I have sent in submissions and received 10's of cards, and until then, the POP for a 10 was 0. After I received the grades online, it took several days for the POP report to update. In fact, in several cases, I have had the cards back, and in my hand for a couple days before the POP report updated the population of the card to 1. If the seller is 1 off on the pop report I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, however if he claims a POP of 3, and it really have a POP of 10, then he goes on my block list.
  • Options
    I always used to give people the benefit of the doubt, but Pop reports are updated on Monday. It takes (me, anyway) 3-4 business days to receive my order back from PSA. Also, I've sent in some cards in the past that have "popped" on the PSA report BEFORE I received them on my invoice. Unless it's timed perfectly, it's hard to have cards in hand without them appearing first on the pop report. My guess is many of these dealers check the pop report right as they get the notification their order has been prepared for shipping, knowing all too well that the pops will be out of whack. Maybe that's too cynical but I don't put anything past people trying to squeeze out as many bucks as they can.