Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

First 155 Jester's Challenges Missing.

This is simply crushing to me. I wanted it to be a reference series for us to enjoy and use for a long time. I had no idea they'd be removed. I'm pretty sad.

imageimageimage
.....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Comments

• Options
    Have you started backing up your challenges on word or something?
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    No, I didn't back up any. I was under the impression that these forums are a permanent fixture. I guess I was wrong. I suppose you shouldn't ASS U ME.

Now it appears that the first 155 have been permanently lost to posterity.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started printing out a few things to save but also lost quite a bit. The old boards
    died last year amid very little fanfare. In fact my thread on the subject drew only a
    dew responses.

It's a real shame. You might try contacting the moderators but it seems improbable
    there's anything left.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I asked SM1 but he said he's been trying for days but can't find anything. His only suggestion was to contact Carol but he didn't have high hopes.

I didn't know the boards are "new". I recall that they were renewed in early 2001 but I hadn't heard about anything lately.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bummer.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    You may want to start ttt-ing whatever challenged remain on the server.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry. Did you try a search by title and time period?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    There have been no changes to the boards recently.

I'll see what we can do but it may be after the new year.

Carol
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I believe Carol is keeping them in a special file marked "Watch These Subversive Darksiders."image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Here's number 91 and there's more where that came from.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Infact do an advanced search for the word Challenge in the title with authoer set to 1jester and select Achieved messages and select the world coin forum and you will find almost all of them back to #11.

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Oops actually I just found THE FIRST ONEimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Thanks, Cosmic, Carol and especially Mac (in another thread). I couldn't find them with the search engine, and the last time I checked many of them (using the thread ID codes), they gave me an error message saying there were no messages posted to those threads. So I'm impressed and very elated that they're still there!! Thanks to all who've assisted in this matter.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    I'm glad to hear this turned out okay image

Personally, I have found the forum's search engine a challenge in itself image
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options

<< <i>I'm glad to hear this turned out okay image

Personally, I have found the forum's search engine a challenge in itself image >>

Yes, me too,glad it turned out OK Jester.

What I find most annoying in this search engine, is that you can't have direct access to threads by one author only. You also get his responses to different threads by others.
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    The Challenges that Mac found cannot be ttted or commented on, just read.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD