Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Keith Dallman collection on Teletrade

Tomorrow night Teletrade will be auctioning Keith(a friend of mine) Dallman's Lincoln cent collection.Some of my favorite coins in his colection are the 1911 in 66 red,1911 D in ms 65 red,1912 in 66 red and his 1914 D in ms 65 red.He has a good eye and I would say if you buy or bid on any of his coins that you will be happy with the quality.

Stewart Blay

Comments

• Options
    I would love to buy 1 or 2 coins from that sale but I don't have the money. I tried to sell my 1856 FE on ebay in order to get the money, but it didn't sell image.
  • Options
    Stewart,

Why do you think the 17DDO in 66RD won't sell? Is the reserve set too high IYO? image
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    The 17/17 in 66 red was bought about two years ago for $45,000.It does not belong to Keith.It must be from another consignor to the sale.Unless the seller is prepared to lose money it is presently not a $45,000 coin.IMO its value is $25 - $30,000 depending on the die state and the quality of the 66 red.There are 4 in 66 and 2 in 67 as well as 4 in 65 at PCGS.Its doubling is minor compared to a 55/55, 69 s DDO,as well as a 72/72.

stewart
  • Options
    Thanks for the excellent info image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the 10% jus added, the 17/17 is now in the upper 50K's. Real bid? In house shill? still under reserve?

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    I placed one bid on a cheap coin, but can't afford either of the expensive two I was thinking about, 18-d or 26-d. If I had the money I would bid for the prices still are reasonable.
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    I won this. Pcgs 65rd 30-d. It was expensive, $231. I hope its as nice as the image image
  • Options
    Thanks ManofCoins, and any clad ms67 quarter is cool in my book! (clads usually are terrible).

Guess what, most of the expensive coins didn't sell! Woohoo, maybe someday I'll have another shot at them!
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Well I figured someone would ask this question but they haven't. Why Teletrade, any time that subject comes up half the folks on these forums have negative things to say about Teletrade. I've had both good and bad experiences. Wouldn't his set have done better at FUN or Santa Clara?
  • Options

I took a gander at about 7:30 P.M. (CST) and saw prices a little high. I was going to go back and maybe place a bid or two twoards the end, but I ran overtime at the ice rink. Squirt hockey is a big priority right now. Anyway, can't say I was too upset about missing the end. I like Keith and the coins were nice, but I wasn't going to pay $20,000 for a 14-D I had never seen.

Jack
  • Options
    What DID sell??? Are the prices we WERE looking at reserves??? Had to be. No one would pay the price that was showing for lincoln 11-d, 12, 14-d, 14-s, 17/17, 22 No d weak R 63RB, etc, etc, especially sight- unseen.

Going to F.U.N. and I bet a lot of "average" coins will not get what the owners want, but the big rarities and monster coins will sell for records. I think!

-----Lloyd
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like very few coins did. I don't know if Teletrade was the best place to attempt that. Maybe he just wanted to do some market testing before sending them to a larger auction house.
    Doug