Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

0 Feedback Sellers?

Check out this guy

Never Sold a Thing

He's got feedback of zero and has 18 PSA 10 1990 Leaf cards listed.

Whattaya think?

Comments

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Always a gamble when dealing with low feedback ebay sellers.. you may get things for much cheaper because other ebayers won't bid since their feedback is so low. For $2, $5 card if I actually wanted them sure I would bid. For $20+ I wouldn't take the chance.
  • Options
    20.00 is the limit I would spend and use your credit card at paypal. Hey we all had to start somewere.

James
    x
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the thoughts posted. It was just odd to see the "0" where I'm used to seeing numbers well into four digits. I'll put a few bucks on the card I'm interested in and see what happens.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Seller mentions in the auction listings that they have changed their ID from el_6 to el_5. el_6 had 468 positive feedbacks and a 100% feedback rating. Here's a link. Seems completely legit.

Seller's previous feedback
  • Options

<< <i>Seller mentions in the auction listings that they have changed their ID from el_6 to el_5. el_6 had 468 positive feedbacks and a 100% feedback rating. Here's a link. Seems completely legit. >>

NO....when you change user ID your f/b stays with you. Haven't done it myself but know others who have, and their f/b did not start over at 0.

Skip
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have 100% positive feedback with my previous id of el_6 and will continue the service with el_5. I appreciate you looking at this card and hope that you will bid on the card. Thank you. >>

I agree with Bob
    Plus the guy accepts paypal - if you are looking for some 90L 10's - this may be the place!

edit: Skip - I don't sell on ebay and if that is so - then the guy may be telling tales - he does accept paypal tho.
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I haven't looked at his auctions, but I would try to compare serial #'s. If they are pretty close together (ie consecutive), then he may be legit and just got back a submission and this is his first time listing items. Just a thought.
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I didn't even see that he mentions changing his ebay ID. A prior poster is correct...if you simply change through ebay, your feedback stays with you. I guess it's possible that this seller has simply opened a new account with a similar ID, though that doesn't really make much sense.

Either way, I'll bid if the item stays cheap. Like someone else said, we all started at zero once upon a time.
  • Options
    I believe you have to be an active Ebay member to have your feedback follow you if you simply change your handle. Looks like he bailed out on his old ID and Ebay a couple years back. Perhaps he decided to take a breather, or sell via a different venue. He may have a legit explanation if you drop him a note and ask. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Interesting that in the future, a gap in eBay "service" will be viewed with equal suspicion as a gap in work history when looking through résumés.

"Well, Mr. Johnson, says here you didn't sell anything from May of '03 to June of '04. Spent some time in the pokey did you?"
  • Options
    The previous ID was listed in Afghanistan, the current ID is Rochester, NY. I would surmise that he was stationed in Afghanistan and canceled his ID when he returned to the states and subsequently created the new ID.
  • Options

<< <i>Interesting that in the future, a gap in eBay "service" will be viewed with equal suspicion as a gap in work history when looking through résumés.

"Well, Mr. Johnson, says here you didn't sell anything from May of '03 to June of '04. Spent some time in the pokey did you?" >>

LMAO!! image
    I am looking for Nolan Ryan cards, esp. OPC and rare oddball issues, graded or not. Also I need quite a few 1956 Topps, PSA 6 or higher

Current Sets in Progress:
    1956 Topps Master Set PSA 6 or better
    1978 Topps PSA 9 or 10
    1981 Donruss Golf PSA 9 or 10
    1989 Upper Deck PSA 9 or 10
    Nolan Ryan Master Set
    Pete Rose Master Set