gettting closer to the #1 pick

Comments

• Options
    Eagles 4-0
    Bucs 0-4

Season over Joe........So, so sorry....image
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Man, oh, man. Don't worry Joe, I don't think they will lose during their Bye week.
  • Options
    Doppelganger, who are those purty little honeys?
  • Options

<< <i>Man, oh, man. Don't worry Joe, I don't think they will lose during their Bye week. >>

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    If i'm not mistaking...you can make the wild card with 10-6? I know it's wishful thinking but I really think our offense is starting to get it together. Eagles will choke. Watch...I mean they put up 19 on the bears!
    hah
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options

<< <i>If i'm not mistaking...you can make the wild card with 10-6? I know it's wishful thinking but I really think our offense is starting to get it together. Eagles will choke. Watch...I mean they put up 19 on the bears!
    hah >>

In your dreams the Eagles will choke...that last statement...so far from reality is almost STALINESQUE in it's fantasy take on reality.

Gibbs looked real good on Opening Day...maybe next year.

EDIT: GEMMY, the "purty" ones are three of the Iggles cheerleaders who are very visible at the Linc. image

• Options
    If i'm not mistaking...

Ha ha ha - You most definitely be mistaking. How's college Skippy? image
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Eagles will have hands full with Seahawks Cowboys Falcons(superbowl team my pick)!

Eagles defense can not make the superbowl. sorry try again next year!
  • Options

<< <i>STALINESQUE >>

If JS is Doctor Evil, Skip2MyLou11 is Mini me.

BTW, Nice Sig!

Brian
  • Options
    I think joestalin is in hiding...probably under a rock.
  • Options

<< <i>Man, oh, man. Don't worry Joe, I don't think they will lose during their Bye week. >>

actually, don't be so sure. have you seen the line yet?

OPEN DATE (-3) over Tampa Bay Bucs

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The Eagles D is fine. The Cowboys do not have an offense. They stink. So do the $kins.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

The Bucs bye week is Halloween.

Gruden is going to have his team dress in Eagles uniforms so that they can at least pretend they have won a game!

Trick or Treat Stalin and all you trash talking Bucs fans. Get an offense and come see us next year.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    ahhhh that one hurt, we just can't get a break. I was just watching the 2002 season dvd...you know the
    one you make after you win it all....oh wait, Eagle fan's wouldn't know about that!

12-4 will still get you into the playoffs. Got to go win some conf games!

GO BUCS

JS
  • Options

Well it sounds like you have enough LSD to last through the season.

Have a safe trip.

Hopefully the Bucs coaching staff will "just say no" and keep their heads clear at draft time.

Another gentle reminder. The Eagles have won three NFL Championships, back when Tampa was just a city of cigar rollers.
  • Options
    yeah you can put those championship up with Minnesota's and Buffalo's! If it aint in the shape of a ring
    then you lost! We beat you 1980, and we beat you in 2002 to close the vet and then we took you apart
    in your new place...we own you, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it!

Thanks
    JS
  • Options
    That Rookie WR made some unreal catches/plays though. How about that Gratuity TD from Lynch, I bet you liked that one !
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>yeah you can put those championship up with Minnesota's and Buffalo's! If it aint in the shape of a ring
    then you lost! We beat you 1980, and we beat you in 2002 to close the vet and then we took you apart
    in your new place...we own you, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it!

Thanks
    JS >>

Your team has pawned their rings and bought an Edsel.

Nice investment. Right now they own only a winless record.
  • Options
    SoFl.....I think you are a real philly fan, unlike some others here....I have to ask you if you were a betting
    man what would you bet on the Eagles winning it ALL this season? I mean, yeah its only week 4 but
    what do you think? A 10 point win at Chicago can't be all that reassuring. I think you all are one injury from
    a 10-6 season....what do you think.

Kevin
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    OPEN DATE (-3) over Tampa Bay Bucs

Too funny!!!!! image
  • Options
    <<We beat you 1980, and we beat you in 2002 to close the vet and then we took you apart
    in your new place...we own you, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it!>>

Yeah, yeah, yeah, there you go again. When the Yankees lost last year in the WS I pointed out that they had won 7 pennants and 4 WS in 9 years but you said something like it is the present that counts. Well PRESENTLY your teams sucks. image
  • Options
    ...and what is that stupid Ichiro pic in your sig? Are you a closet Mariners fan too? You either like one
    team and hate all the others, or you are a bandwagon jumper!

I can't wait for old man Warner to go down and then you have to pull out Eli the human dart board...breaking
    him in half should be fun...u still got Kannel? nevermind, you don't know, you aren't a Giants fan!

JS
  • Options
    What a loser you are. you are too funny. People live here to be able to bash you on this forum. Ichiro...I am a Yankee first but an avid fan of baseball 2nd. Danny Kanell?...try spelling his name right. He hasn't been on the Giants since 1998. Again I go to bed image
  • Options
    did you go to bed from the time the Giants blew a 40 point lead against the 49ers in 2002, until they won their
    second game of the season in 2004??...maybe under the bed!

LOL
    JS
  • Options
    <<did you go to bed from the time the Giants blew a 40 point lead against the 49ers in 2002, until they won their second game of the season in 2004??...maybe under the bed!>>

Performance data quoted above is historical. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Current performance may be higher or lower than the performance data quoted. The literature refers to the 2002 Giants and 2002 Trampled Bay

"Taking joestalin apart one post at a time" image

Nighty, night, Joe
  • Options

<< <i>If i'm not mistaking...

Ha ha ha - You most definitely be mistaking. How's college Skippy? image >>

Mistaken...
    I'm sorry I totally forgot the spelling police are here.
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    There’s a difference between spelling a word incorrectly and using the wrong word. It is called education, a misspelled word is OK but not having enough command of the English language to use the correct word – well that’s just plain uneducated or perhaps it is an indication that you are still in grammar school. Gee I wonder which one fits you better.

See ya next year Skippy – I still bet the Dolphins beat the Bucs out of the 1st draft pick.
  • Options

<< <i>Eagles defense can not make the superbowl >>

Hmm, I generally consider holding the conference's leading rusher to 32 yards the mark of a pretty decent defense ... but that's just me.
  • Options
    joker..come on! Thomas Jones has a few good game and you are talking like you just held Walter
    Payton to 10 yards, give me a freaking break. Onterrio Smith ran all over you guys and decent backs
    will do the same! The Bears had NO weapons and still were within two scores the whole game. If you
    can hold Portis to 32 yards Ill give you all props.

JS
  • Options
    Come on now, Joe, we all know that yards per game is not the most important team D stat ...

Besides, consider this: The Giants got 266 of their 413 yards after they fell behind by 31-10, and the Vikings picked up 231 of their 410 yards after falling behind by 17-6. Defensive coordinator Jim Johnson's magic number is 17. Give up that many points or fewer and it's considered a good day for the defense. In the first four weeks, the Eagles gave up 17, 16, 13 and 9. (from
    this article)

You can try spinning this anyway you like, but the simple fact is that the Eagles are 4-0 heading into their bye, and look really solid and cohesive. McNabb *finally* looks like he's mastered Reid's offense (it just took him a year longer than everyone thought), a true #1 WR is finally in place, the D-line has a nice reasonably healthy rotation of players so Johnson doesn't have to blitz quite as much as he used to, and the young secondary is playing much better than critics predicted. What more do you want?
  • Options
    Joker....yes to all of the above, but are you guys in Philly really blind to the same old story that is going to
    hit you smack in the face again this year??

The last time you guys sniffed a ring was in 1980 with the Phillies right?

Kevin
  • Options
    Ok Joe, I'm only going to take the time to do this once:

Reg. Season Conf. Playoffs
    Year Location W L T Pct. Pos. W L Pct. Playoff Summary
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1976 Tampa Bay 0 14 0 .000 (5th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1977 Tampa Bay 2 12 0 .143 (5th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1978 Tampa Bay 5 11 0 .313 (5th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1979 Tampa Bay 10 6 0 .625 (1st) 1 1 .500 Bye, Beat Philadelphia, Lost to LA Rams
    1980 Tampa Bay 5 10 1 .344 (4th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1981 Tampa Bay 9 7 0 .563 (1st) 0 1 .000 Bye, Lost to Dallas
    1982 Tampa Bay 5 4 0 .556 (3rd) 0 1 .000 Lost to Dallas
    1983 Tampa Bay 2 14 0 .143 (5th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1984 Tampa Bay 6 10 0 .375 (3rd) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1985 Tampa Bay 2 14 0 .143 (5th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1986 Tampa Bay 2 14 0 .143 (5th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1987 Tampa Bay 4 11 0 .267 (4th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1988 Tampa Bay 5 11 0 .313 (3rd) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1989 Tampa Bay 5 11 0 .313 (5th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1990 Tampa Bay 6 10 0 .375 (2nd) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1991 Tampa Bay 3 13 0 .188 (5th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1992 Tampa Bay 5 11 0 .313 (3rd) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1993 Tampa Bay 5 11 0 .313 (5th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1994 Tampa Bay 6 10 0 .375 (5th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1995 Tampa Bay 7 9 0 .438 (5th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1996 Tampa Bay 6 10 0 .375 (4th) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1997 Tampa Bay 10 6 0 .625 (2nd) Beat Detroit, Lost to, Green Bay
    1998 Tampa Bay 8 8 0 .500 (3rd) Did Not Make Playoffs
    1999 Tampa Bay 11 5 0 .688 (1st) 1 1 .500 Beat Washington, Lost to St. Louis
    2000 Tampa Bay 10 6 0 .625 (2nd) 0 1 .000 Lost to Philadelphia
    2001 Tampa Bay 9 7 0 .563 (3rd) 0 1 .000 Lost to Philadelphia

According to your logic, you should have had no faith in the Bucs in 2002. They had a 13-year stretch during which they never made the playoffs, and then even when they finally did, they couldn't make it very far. Despite all this, you were here all year in 2002 talking about how great the Bucs were, especially as the season wore on as it became clear they were poised for a solid run. Using your own arguments, I should have been spending all of 2002 posting crap to you like "When was the last time the Bucs sniffed a ring?" and "When will you wake up and realize the Bucs are a failed franchise" etc. But that would have been stupid of me (because in the NFL especially you never know what will happend) ... and your continued attempts at dumping on the 2004 Eagles just make you look like a football hack who can't even acknowledge that a team is objectively a great one.

So, to sum up:

2002: Bucs win the Super Bowl after 3 years of playoff disappointment = perfectly normal to Joe

2004: Eagles get off to a 4-0 start (all wins in double-digits) after 3 years of playoff disappointment = Philly fans are "blind" according to Joe

Makes perfect sense to me image.
  • Options
    P.S. You forgot that the Sixers were NBA champs in '83, and the Stars won the USFL title in '84 image
  • Options
    LOL Stars don't count, Ill give you the Sixers.

If you remember we were playing Shaun King, a rookie in that game...bottom line is that we put it together
    and won a ring, and in the process we took you all behind the woodshed at your own house! You will
    only lose more players after this season,if you don't get it done now there will not be another shot. You
    all will choke again! Why can't anyone come out and say this is the year?? because you know last
    year was "the year" and 2002 was "the year" and 2001...was.......

JS
  • Options
    THIS IS THE YEAR
  • Options
    Not looking good for Tampa right now.....