Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Favre Stadium club question

1991 Stadium Club is Favre's RC, right?

But 1992 is the more condition sensitive one, especially in PSA 10, correct? Can someone provide pop reports for me on the 91s and 92?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here ya go...

---------------------7------8-------9-----10---Total
    '91SC "Farve"--209--3218--2462--398--6404
    '92SC Favre-----32----840---780----49--1718

Steve
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Not only more condition sensitive, but:

a) It pictures him as a Packer, not a Falcon.
    b) It's from the very tough high series. I remember these were $10 a pack from the get-go.
    c) It spells his name correctly.

All of this combines to make the '92 more valuable.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I still say the 91 Star Pics Auto is the rookie to have
  • Options

<< <i>I still say the 91 Star Pics Auto is the rookie to have >>

I wish everyone felt that way! I have 5 or 6 of them.
  • Options
    I think the real question is how many of the 5 or 6 are actually real?image
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    The Star Pics auto is great too, but it has two things working against it: The auto is on the back, and it's a draft picks issue. It's frustrating for me, because the pop report does not deal with the PSA/DNA cards consistently. The Favre autos are lumped in with the base non-autographed cards in the pop report.

In my very biased opinion, Favre's best RC is the Stadium Club Super Bowl Embossed. There were only 200-300 made and they were given out at the Super Bowl card show, so many went to non-collectors. And those that are in the hobby tend to have some damage because they were hand-distributed in little 3-card packs. There's only one PSA 10.

The Wild Card stripes are underrated. Of all of the 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, and 1000 stripe cards out there, only one has been slabbed a PSA 10. A lot of the stripe cards were distributed through the mail, so it's rare to find them without edge and corner damage. I haven't pursued Favre's much, but the Marcus Allen stripes have been difficult for me to find in nice condition.

I think Favre fans should just cover all of their bases and get the '91 SC, '91 SC Super Bowl, '92 SC, and '91 Star pics auto. Max out them credit cards image.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Good call on the Super bowl card. I forgot about that one. Also that 1,000 stripe is VERY rare. Those 1,000 stripes are so rare in basketball that there is still a $750 rookie of Steve Smith and Larry Johnson lol. I think for collecting purposes the 91 TSC fills most collectors Favre Rookie wants well. For those looking for a bit better go with the 92 TSC even though it really is not a rookie, but is a good investment for the reasons listed already. Then the guys who really want Favre to invest in go for the 91 Star Pics Auto, the 91 TSC SB, and the 1,000 Stripe Wild Card. Just my opinion. Oh yeah I have to Plug My Favre 91 Star Pics Rookie Auto Auction ! ! !
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    what is the market value currently for the 91 SP auto?

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    the 1991 is his RC. the 92 was in the high series and much less were made, that's why the 92 sells for more. I would say they are both the same as condition sensitivity goes. I've owned both before, both look nice, but I think the 92 is the more attractive card.
  • Options
    I have an unopened 92 Stadium Club pack coming back from GAI right now with the Farve on top and the pack got a grade of GAI 9.0

Would anyone be interested in it?
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody got scans of any of the cards being discussed here? I'd be curious to see what they look like...

Thanks,
    Tabe
  • Options
    I'm skeptical of the amount of authentic Favre Star Pics autographs. There were a ton of Star Pics sets produced, and it has been my understanding that only 100 cards were signed by each player in the set. Out of the 1991 set, the only notable names that spring to mind are Brett Favre, Barry Sanders (flashback), Deion Sanders (flashback), Emmitt Smith (flashback), Troy Aikman (flashback), Derrick Thomas (flashback) and Ricky Watters. The set is loaded with other players that never did much in the league. The autographs were authenticated by a sticker on the back. If someone was motivated enough, I don't know what would stop them from attempting to forge a Favre on one of the millions of regular, un-autographed Favre cards, and then removing the stickers from a non-star autograph and placing it on the faked Favre.

There are a bunch of the Favre autographs that come up on eBay, and the others from the set rarely come up. I realize that the reason the guys that never made a name for themselves don't come up for sale that often because they didn't make a name for themselves; but even the Favre autographs come up more frequently than any of the other big names. Either there are more than 100 cards signed per player, or there are some fake Favre autographs out there with the "authentic" sticker.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.