Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

OK MY FELLOW FOOTBALL FANS

I posted my 67 set over the weekend it just showed still needs a few to reach 100% but i am sure the holes will be pluged soon and a few more upgrades are on the way image

I hope my fellow collectors like the name image

Comments

• Options
    Art,
    Ithinkilikethename..... image
    Michael
  • Options
    Uncle Artie,
    You have done it again!!
    Congrats on a fantastic 67 debut.
    Tied for first with the dancing Chilli Pepper WOW!!
    Well, I guess the best I can hope for will be a BRONZE Third Place Medal for this year.
    Noboby is gonna come even close to either of you two NINE HUNGRY MANIAC'S image
    Again, Congrats Art ..........VERY SWEET SET!!
    Nice Job.

Mojorob
  • Options
    Oh yea..........one more thing Art about that name of your set.

If I end up with a third place showing this year, you have to promise me to
    delete that hack: shouldabenna image out of the title of your soon to be award winning set.

I will have an affidavit drawn up to that effect and you'll have you sign it, before I trade you any 67's that you
    need to seal your ultimate 67 victory over the Dancing Chilli Pepper.

Check out Ol' Johnny U. 19's latest additions to his 67 set.
    You might find a few of them very interesting.

Oh by the way, Chilli Pepper .........I'm taking offers. image

Mojorob
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    That's it! My attorney will be in touch ... over your obvious naming infringements.image

Congrat's on the set, although I plan on making it part of the lawsuit settlement

Mike
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    Art, Nice set.... Dave
  • Options
    Skinsfan,
    Well done. Well done indeed.
    Did you buy that 68 Namath in 10 that I saw in auction recently?? That would be nice to build a set around.
    Mojo,
    Now even I might be up for a little trading. I have seen some of those "low pop" commons out there recently for sale and at nearly $100 for an "8" seemed a bit steep to me for a set I am not trying to defend. This set was decided several months ago when a couple of PSA 9 Kemps came available. Art got one and I choose not too. Spent my cash on other hobbies. If I had bought one and Art didn't, this might have gone the other way. But don't worry, I plan on being back someday. Then you can see how i got my fan club.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    Fuzz,
    Ahhh yes, your purchasing exploits are legendary to be sure.

It is all soooo easy when you have the green to throw at them.
    The more I am in this registry game, the more I appreciate the guy that can put a nice quality set together
    with out throwing around the stupid money.

Not to say that that is your MO because quite honestly I have never seen you in action.
    You are more of a legendary figure at this juncture than a player.

But we all know, that nothing stays the same ..........everything is subject to change.
    I welcome the day when you decide to get back in the game.

As for now, I predict the 67 Topps Football set standings to shake out as such:
    1. Uncle Artie, 2. The Dancing Chilli Pepper 3. Mojoro
    We'll see how my prediction holds come Oct. 31rst.

Cheers,

Mojorob
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Hey Art, that's quite a nice selection of high grade cards including :

# 24 Jack Kemp - PSA 9
    # 82 Wahoo McDaniel RC - PSA 9
    # 98 Joe Namath - PSA 9

and even a : # 92 Sam Deluca - PSA 10

Hope to get competitive with that set again someday,
    after I get done going broke buying cards for a few other sets I'm working on. image

And what's up with the name "icouldabeenawolfbearorafuzzdude" ?
    How dare you give 'coaster boy' top billing over me and da' fuzz ? image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Wolfbear,
    Yea I made a grave mistake by trading that Wahoo PSA 9 to Uncle Artie!!
    At the time I was a set registry rookie, and didn't know any better.
    If I would have played "MY CARDS RIGHT" ........ I could have sold it to you and RETIRED!! image

Mojorob

PS.Art, I'm with Wolf bear............Coaster Boy has to be 86'd out of your registry set name title.
    The set deserves at least that respect. image
  • Options
    Ahhhhhh the complaining over the name continues.
    How could coaster boy get billing on a set he doesn't even have listed ??
    How could the Mojo-nator not get any billing at all ??
    And don't forget that Doug Rivard (a good guy and great to deal with) has put his own little mark on this set as well.
    But the complaints, I've got two stars on that set so far and I got last billing !! I gotta talk to my agent.
    I guess that is the benefit of picking a name that is a verb.
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How could coaster boy get billing on a set he doesn't even have listed ?? >>

Fuzz & Mojo

You guys keep making the same mistake .... of thinking only in terms of what's listed on the set registry.

Uncle Skinsfan has visted the "pre vault" room a couple of times now, and has seen the beginnings of ... what year's from now will be referred to as; "Shouldabeena's world domination of the football card market ... the early years."

He even got to use one of the custom beer coasters!

Mike
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/