Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Fair Well Lincoln Set... (Warning: Like 2Billion MB worth of Pics)

Other notables that passed through my set:
I seem to have lost the pic of my 18-S in 66BN image

David

Comments

• Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Did someone buy them? Did the sale include some copper polish?
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    They're not sold yet. I sent all the pre 1930 mint marked ones to a dealer yesterday. We'll see how things go.

David
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MUCH good luck to you in that sale, David! Very special coins!

What dealer did you select?
  • Options

David,

Surely, you aren't quitting altogether. I know you are going to start collecting high grade red coins now, right??!!
  • Options
    Some gorgeous coins in that set... image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    What dealer did you select?

I sent them off to Broken CC. I have a VF30 1893-S dollar on lay-a-way with him. I really liked the way he handled the lay-a-way... seemed like a really nice guy. I figured I'd give him first crack at it. Fortunatly, I'm not in a possition where I have to sale, but I sent a really good offer with the coins. If we're not able to work something out, I'll either keep them, send them to David Lawrence, or sell them myself.

Surely, you aren't quitting altogether. I know you are going to start collecting high grade red coins now, right??!!

No, I'm not quiting all together. I'm probably going to work on a key date type set. I've got the SVDB (pictured above) already. That 1893-S dollar is on layaway. If the early coins sale, I'll have enough money to get a nice mid-grade 1916 standing liberty quarter. Or I could get a few less expencive keys. I doubt I'll ever complete the type set with all keys, but it'll be fun to try.

I dont plan on working on another lincoln set for a while. Although, I did just make a 19-S in 64RD at PCGS that would make for a good start. Too much moo-la for me, though. I have a pretty nice raw set in a dansco album that I'll keep. I'll probably upgrade a coin here and there on that one. I really like raw coins. It's just so hard to find them with no problems that are graded right. There are a couple of ebay dealers that I trust, though. I'll buy from them from time to time.

I still have the two nicest lincolns I've ever owned... residual from two sets back, a 1942-S and 1941-P in PCGS 67RD. They're the nicest of about 150+ PCGS 67RD's that I've had. I also retain my 1954-P which, to me, is not replacible in a finer condition, even if I had the money. I kept my P mints since that's where very little of the value, and a lot of the eye appeal is in this set. I'll probably sell off the more generic of those, though. Everytime I build something, I end up with a few that just stick to my fingers... just cant let them go. I must admit, that there's a LOT of that kind in the mint marked ones. It'll be a easier to let them go if they all go at once, though. I'm sure I could sell them for more than I offered them to Broken CC, about $1200-$1500 more, but I realize he's got to make some cashola too. Selling them this way simplifies things for me. If he takes it, I'll have some coin money. If he doesnt, I'll just make the layaway pay off once all the funds come in from my previous sales and current ebay auctions and decide where to go from there.

David
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    People may joke about these coins being toned...

But I would love to have a set this nice any day.
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Some of those are just so unbelievably gorgeous.. 21-s,22-d,24-d! (you sure that 22-d shouldn't be an ms66?). People sure don't mind toning on silver coins. I hope you're not making a big mistake. Then again, 1893-s dollar, 1916 quarter, pretty cool too!