Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How much $$$ are you bringing to Nationals?

Do you think most dealers will be accepting credit or should i bring lottsa cash?
I collect Topps Chrome Basketball Rookie Refractors, particularly from 96-97, and limited edition rookies of Taiwanese baseball players.

Comments

• Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    cash talks....
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I always carry at least $3,000 cash when I go to any larger type shows. I never intend on spending it all, but I always like to be in a position where if some great deal comes along, I am in a position to capitalize on it. I find some of the best deals at the shows not with the dealers, but with other people who attend. Plus, with cash, you have much more leverage in negociating, especially outside the convention floor. I'll probably take $7-8K with me to this show, with the expectation of spending no more than half of it, but I wouldn't hesitate in spending more if the situation called for it.
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    See you at the national.
  • Options

<< <i>I am bringing $40,000 cash and I am looking to buy off of customers looking to sell to dealers. Lord knows I will pay more than most dealers. More to follow. >>

Will you have an armed bodyguard with you?

And please don't post where you are staying.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    I meant to say $4,000. not $40,000. Hey, it doesn't hurt to dream does it????? image
  • Options

All the cash i can get my hands on. I really don't expect to find many "deals" but i want to have the cash to buy if the deals do come along. The words to remember are: CASH IS KING!

Paul.
    Check out my vintage football card web site: WWW.MONSTERSOFTHEGRIDIRON.COM
    STEELERS4LIFE
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Good Idea Eric.
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Most dealers do not pay sales taxes, which I believe is 8% in Cleveland, OH. For this reason they prefer cash. This way they can under-report their sales to the franchise board in Ohio. Also by taking cash, these same dealers can later underreport their income on their quarterly.

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    By taking cash, these dealers also can turn around and buy from collectors who want cash.
    By taking cash, these dealers do not pay any fees to credit card companies.
    But yeah, what koby said too.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

Don't forget to stop by table 1516 for all your vintage football cards. Graded and ungraded.

Vic Stanley

V&J Cards

Buyin and selling
  • Options
    RonDRonD Posts: 93
    I 'm not going this year but will handsomely reward anyone who can get me a PSA/DNA autographed copy of the BMW Police Report.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    If I can get my printer to cooperate, I'll try. I'm having problems getting to fit on one page.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    ScumbiScumbi Posts: 268
    I'm bringing a million dollars in cash. I'm hiding it in a money belt so don't even try to find it. I'll be leaving it in my room when attending dinners. The maids will be instructed as to where the money is and not to let anyone in. Just FYI - I'm in room 104 of the Sheraton. 104 is my lucky number. It's going to be a great show.

S.
  • Options

<< <i>104 is my lucky number. >>

I'm almost afraid to ask but why is 104 your lucky number?

Brian
  • Options

Scumbi said, - I'm bringing a million dollars in cash.

If your bringing a million in cash then you are now officially my new best friend. I'll only be attending the show on Saturday so we need to meet up early before the show and make up a list of all the cards i want that you can now afford to buy your new best friend. As we search the show floor for said cards please feel free to purchase any other high-end vintage material you like and slip it into my bag, i won't mind at all ol' buddy. After the show i'll line up a limo and some "lady's of the night" (at your expence of course) and we will hit the town just like we did when we were in our seventh year of collage at the Northern Texas Collage for Drunk Bull Riding Rodeo Clowns. Go NTCDBRRC!

I can't wait to see you at the show ol' buddy.

Paul. AKA Dirty Paul, AKA Laffy the blue balled clown, AKA Hector Torez the worlds greatest Latin lover.
    Check out my vintage football card web site: WWW.MONSTERSOFTHEGRIDIRON.COM
    STEELERS4LIFE
  • Options

Scumbi,

Are you really going to the nationals?

You would be the toast of the luncheon if you showed up.
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You would be the toast of the luncheon if you showed up. >>

Speak for yourself.
    Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    << 104 is my lucky number. >>

I'm almost afraid to ask but why is 104 your lucky number?

Brian

And all along I thought it was 666. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

Playball-

You gotta problem with Scumbi?
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I am sick to my stomach that the national is in Cleveland....I was hoping the Sports Fest in Chicago several weeks ago would make up for missing the National but it was a dud. The Sun Times shows are much, much better....

I normally bring only $500 or so - my wife and I are in the process of adopting - so I might have a hard time explaining why we have to push the process back a year if I came home w/ a PSA 8 Namath rc (which I dream about at night image

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    nothing i aint goin
    Good for you.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to bring $1.298 (dollars that is). What can I get with that?