Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone familiar with this seller (has current auctions going)?

sexwesellitall, a.k.a Ebayman, a.k.a Mike Young, a.k.a Jason Bobbit out of Island View, N.B, Canada

I have a non-Ebay transaction that's a bit overdue. Very little to no response to my email and voicemail inquires.

To his credit, he sounded like a nice guy when we spoke on the phone, and it is the traveling season.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong here, but that might be the artist formerly known as crazycanuck. Bought a few vintage hockey cards from him a couple years ago. A few were generously graded, but overall buying from him was generally positive. Others might disagree.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, accidental double post.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    OH MY GOD, my worst ebay fears are coming true!
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I can recall "sexwesellitall" listing hundreds of fake autographed cards about a month ago, and they typically have some of the more common vintage counterfeits available, attempting to pass them off as authentic. I know they've sold at least one fake 52 Topps Mantle card in the past.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Now, do you want to try to explain to us what you were buying from "sex we sell it all" in a non-eBay transaction. image
  • Options
    Doh.image
    everywhere you go
    there you are

marc in Hawaii
  • Options

<< <i>Now, do you want to try to explain to us what you were buying from "sex we sell it all" in a non-eBay transaction. image >>

I guess I set myself up for that one.

Unfortunately, I sent $975 (50% upfront payment of $1750) for a complete 1965 and 1972 OPC baseball set. The seller Ebay listed the 1972 - and other OPC sets - about one month ago. He mentioned that he had a 1965 for sale through his partner Mike Young. No accusations here, but the a.k.a is Crazycannuk, Ebayman, Mike Young, and Jason Bobbit out of Island View, N.B, Canada. No merchandise after one month and emails and phone calls are unanswered. The purpose of my post was to inquire if anyone knows this seller. From the previous post link to another thread, the answer is affirmative.

I'll leave it at that for now. But if this story gets worse, I will not leave it at that.
  • Options
    67Standup,

Man, I hope this works out for you, $1700+ on the line is no small amount. Now the one thing I have noticed is that shipping large heavy items out of Canada is extremely slow. I would imagine that 2 complete OPC sets would fit that bill. It took 9 weeks to get a 1990 OPC set that I won last November. Small stuff, single cards, seem to show up within a week to 10 days. Here's to hoping is just slow shipping!!

Scott Jeanblanc
    jeanblanc@iconnect.net
    Ebay UserId: sjeanblanc
    -----------------------------------------
    Collecting Nolan Ryan cards (68-94)
  • Options
    TO CU MODERATOR: I am not making accusations, but simply stating facts and referencing others. It will be clear when, and if, I make an accusation.

Since my post, five collectors have contacted me, three with personal experiences of getting cheated, and two who know somebody who has. The dollars at stake for those guys were much more than $975, some eventually received refunds after a three-month ordeal. I have received an ample amount of documentation regarding alleged misdealing by this seller.

I've been assigned a constable of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and that's just the first step of my recourse plan.

In his defense (for now), the seller did contact me this morning and assured that there will be no problem. He is quite pleasant and obviously denies other’s claims as bogus. It’s only been one month. Again, the purpose of my post was to see if anyone knows him, many do.
  • Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I purchased ONE card (58 bb common) from somebody in Canada. One week passed, no card. I wrote an email to the seller inquiring about the card and they told me to be very patient as the Canadian mail system is apparently one of the worst in the world. Three weeks later, still no card. I emailed the folks again, and again, they profusely appoligized for the dealy, again siting the slower than slow mail system. I didn't have the kind of money riding on this transaction that you do, my card was just a common, so after one month, I pretty much gave up. Two weeks later, I received the card. So it took a total of 6 weeks for me to recieve ONE card. I looked at the date on the package to make sure the buyer sent it out when they said they did, and sure enough, it was dated just a few days after I had won the card on ebay. The fact that the sellers aren't communicating with you though is a disheartening sign. I wish you luck. Keep us posted.

Marcimage
    everywhere you go
    there you are

marc in Hawaii
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭
    Didn't Jason Bobbit's wife cut off and toss his..... oh wait, sorry..wrong Bobbit.
    Proud of my 16x20 autographed and framed collection - all signed in person. Not big on modern - I'm stuck in the past!
  • Options
    Thanks Marc.

If there weren’t a plethora of evidence of past misdeeds, then I’d let my worries ride on the Canadian mail system. However, all the negative signs have very little to do with a package that has been shipped, but not yet received. I will keep you posted. And if I receive excellent customer service, as described cards, great packaging, etc., then I will post this also.

In planning my course of action(s), I found out that there's an Air Canada flight that departs Seattle at 11:30 a.m. and arrives in Fredericton, NB Canada at 6:55 p.m., round-trip for $212. It's just a 20 minute car rental ride from Fredericton to IslandView, where said seller resides. Just some useful info for anyone wanting to visit this beautiful part of Canada, or pay a visit to a controversial Ebay seller.
  • Options
    Just got PMd by another collector who had a legal experience with said seller. Unbelievable!