Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Somebody stole my scan & is auctioning it off!

I was alerted to it by another eBayer who noticed it.. what can we do to get this guys auction shut down? i know you guys are pros..

My auction
scumbags auction
·p_A·

Comments

• Options
    Not sure, but if you want, I can go down the street and ask him. Addison is about 20 minutes away from me. It's a shame I am not closer to some other people that I could just go and visit. Paying airfare would piss me off more.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    goodriddance189goodriddance189 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭
    you could email ebay. or, if you actually want to get something accomplished, you could use ebay's live chat. it works well
  • Options
    I can go to ebay here at work, what was it for?
  • Options
    Report that to ebay. Tell ebay this seller's a scammer. Base on FBs he scammed some buyers already. Ebay will pull that auction and may be kick the seller off ebay.

RIP Snow
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i'll report it to eBay.. the guy that tipped me off said that he already contacted eBay and they told him they "couldn't prove" that the guys scans were stolen.. ?
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    If he stole the photo from an auction you ran earlier (within the last 90 days), it should be pretty easy to prove.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    P.A., change the pic if you can to something utterly ridiculous as I have seen done. That is if the pic is hosted by someone.
    Also, what I have found useful on rather expensive cards or something unique is to put my ebay ID or "the property of" on the item in question. That helped me get the item pulled one time when I caught it. Good luck!

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Be the winning bidder so no one gets ripped off. Then say, "Wow, I have a 1980 Rickey with the same exact registration number." The downside is you'd get negged, and they already have bad feedback so they won't care.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Wow he is a scumbag. Not only stole your pic, but used the exact format as you did.
    Send in the artillery!!!
  • Options
    Maybe I'm missing something here but how can he list it with your serial #? If someone wins the card from him, it is going to show up with a different serial # than is listed in the auction, right? He is also charging $6.99 shipping and handling.
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    I sent an email to him:

Can I get another scan? With yor thumb or finger within the scan? Its hard to believe that you and someone else I know has the same card. Thanks.

As for changing the image ther jerk just copied and pasted he is not remote linking it.
  • Options
    JonBJonB Posts: 495
    Here is a thought... If ebay gave a flip, they would hire someone with the sole job of hunting the sports cards auctions and pulling fakes/cards the seller doesn't have. Not only would it make ebay a 100% safer place to buy, but it would save EBAY/PAYAL (which ebay owns) tons of money because they wouldn't be refunding as much money to the suckers who let themselves get ripped off.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I emailed the seller as well. Bet I don't get a reply.

• Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    Wait a minute......How do we know that YOU did not steal his scan? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Im just kidding BTW....
  • Options
    PA- i am going to email the seller also. sometimes for particular items, or high dollar cards, i will go to the edit part of the pic and add my ebay ID or some kind of wacky logo somewhere in the pic. it helps to deter people from stealing scans, however in this case he just copied and pasted your entire auction. E
  • Options
    thanks for emailing him everybody.. maybe it will save some bidder from getting ripped for a fe dollars.. this isnt really a high $ card.. i guess its not as noticeable as the frequent PSA 10 1952 Mantles that pop up, but if somebody does this several times with lower dollar cards, their chances of getting caught are less..

ive always said IF i were ever to counterfeit money, i would print a bunch of 5's & 10's and no 100's..

edited to say - My henderson did pretty good for a PSA 7.. ended @ $37.00 and the guy has already paid.. i think PSA 7's rarely bring more than $30.00..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    So I emailed this chowderhead... here's the response I got and my subsequent response.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 1:07 AM
    To: geek2@comcast.net
    Subject: Re: Question for item #5106624136 - 1980 Topps #482 RICKEY Ricky HENDERSON Ro...

In a message dated 7/6/2004 5:30:35 PM Central Standard Time, geek2@comcast.net writes:
    This was taken out in his email, I forget exactly what I wrote but it was something to the effect of I am familiar with the person who sold it on the 22nd of June and you do not have this card. What gives...?

Thank you,
    envoy98

His Reply...

um ok? i have the same exact card up for auction. im being reported for Fraud? What are you talking about? Is it not possible that 2 people have the same item up for auction? If you look up any other item on ebay you will find multiple listings for the same item.

My Subsequent Reply...
    You ripped off someone elses scan, their format and are using a PSA cert # on a card you don't own. They PSA Cert #'s are identical and I know who sold and purchased the card in your scan.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=55928&item=5105076819&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I haven't heard a follow up.

Wait til I post the thread on the Lebron Topps Chrome 1/1 guy. These guys get very bitter. image
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    envoy,
    i had exact same reply from the email:

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 02:05:35 EDT
    Subject: Re: Question for item #5106624136 - 1980 Topps #482 RICKEY Ricky HENDERSON Ro...
    To: ldferguson@bwsc.net

um ok? i have the same exact card up for auction. im being reported for Fraud? What are you talking about? Is it not possible that 2 people have the same item up for auction? If you look up any other item on ebay you will find multiple listings for the same item.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    ha, just got another email from this kid:

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:26:27 EDT
    To: LDFerguson@bwsc.net

...sorry i dont know very much about cards. Where can i find the serial number on the card? Please get back to me. thanks ...

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>...sorry i dont know very much about cards. Where can i find the serial number on the card? Please get back to me. thanks ... >>

"The serial number would be that series of digits on the front of the PSA label in your stolen scan. If you still can't find it, I suggest you actually buy a graded card and learn about it instead of just copying pictures and running scams. It'll be fun, truly. Then later you can sell a card you really have and not be a criminal."

Oh this guy's a real winner. Why do IQ levels fall off a cliff with most of these scammers?
  • Options
    Hey, that's the same email I got too!

"sorry i dont know very much about cards. Where can i find the serial number or PSA number on my card so i can change the auction? Please get back to me. thanks "

What a tool.
  • Options
    i guess its possible the guy has a Henderson rookie, but doesnt have a scanner.. but his Henderson isnt a PSA graded card, or he would KNOW what the serial # was.. right?

not only that, but the dude took my auction format too! lol..

besides that, the dude EDITED my shipping instructions out of his (errr.. MY) description, so why didnt he remove the other pertinent stuff (ie- Cert # etc)..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Hey Jr, I took the liberty of forwarding your reply to him as my response. Hope you don't mind. image
    It was as good as anything I was going to write.
  • Options
    And he could have at least spelled Rickey's name right. And for not knowing a lot about cards he knows a lot about his Kobe Precious Metal card he has up.

"You are bidding on a 96/97 Fleer Metal - Precious Metal Rookie Card of Kobe Bryant. The card is a parallel from the main set and is pulled at a rate of 1 in every few boxes. The card differs from the main set by the fact that it's entirely silver coated. The card is pictured below in MINT or better condition and is perfect for grading. The print run for these cards are very low. The card books for over $100 in TS Books non-graded. "

• Options
    the wrong spelling was my idea image

i figure alot of people search for "Ricky".. so i spam it both ways image

as for the Kobe, i wonder if its his or if he stole it also.. its a picture, but the Rickey is a scan..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Jr, I took the liberty of forwarding your reply to him as my response. Hope you don't mind. image
    It was as good as anything I was going to write. >>

My words that you borrowed are my intellectual property, and if you don't give me full credit (as well as a percentage of any income you may derive from them) you will be hearing from my lawyer.
  • Options
    49erfan3349erfan33 Posts: 1,095
    You couldn't do ANYTHING (legally) about it unless you had a watermark on your image.
    Refs & Trade Page

Some wants:
    49er Autos
    Owens 96 Refractors
    Garcia 99 Leaf R&S
    89 UD R. Johnson
    ANY Arod RCs
    ANY Roy Williams
    OKLAHOMA SOONERS