Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Crossing BCCG 10's--Any Luck?

Has anyone had any luck with this cross? Would you bust them out or leave them in the holder? I have a few I traded for and was wondering if it's worth the money. Were the results PSA 9?? Thanks Guys..

Chad

Comments

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I've not tried to cross, but I've seen BCCG cards that would only be less than PSA 10 on a grader's whim. But just today I was in a shop that had a couple 1975 Topps BCCG 10s and they would probably have crossed to PSA 7s. So in general, while being a BCCG 10 doesn't mean it's not a nice card, I'd stay away.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I never heard of BCCG 10 crossing to PSA 9, certainly not in the Beckett holder. I suppose somebody in the Beckett world has sent genuine 9's or 10's to BCCG instead of BGS, though it's hard to imagine. In general I would guess 8 is the very best you could hope for in a straight cross to PSA. If you crack and submit raw, you might get lucky but it's unlikely. Since BCCG's seem to sell for far below market, you don't have much to lose.
  • Options
    My only experience is I had a BCCG 8 Stallworth RC, I left it in the holder and it crossed to a PSA 6.. It was just an experiment, it failed!
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Isn't a BCCG 8 like Ex-MT or better? 10 is mint or better so... Maybe that wasn't such a failed experiment? If the card looks nice then I would say give it a shot, assuming it's worth cracking out.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I would say 1 or 2% of BCCG 10 are actually gem mint. A friend of mine purchased 20 BCCG 10 96 Kobe Bryant (various brands from that year) and cracked open 2 out of the 20. Both got BGS 9.5. The others were garbage upon close inspection and he just resold it on Ebay to get his money back.
  • Options
    A friend of mine tried to cross a BCCG 10 (Mint or Better) to BGS and it got a BGS 8 (NRMT) THAT one really confused the both of us....

SpinRx
    PSA Graded Sets:
    1969 Topps Basketball: 25/99 25.25%
    1970 Topps Basketball: 81/175 46.29%
    1998 SA-GE Red Autographs 8/50 16%

Looking for PSA graded Topps Baseball card #69 from all years 52 to 04!

Always looking for PSA 5-8 of these!
  • Options
    A friend of mine tried to cross a BCCG 10 (Mint or Better) to BGS and it got a BGS 8 (NRMT) THAT one really confused the both of us....

Did he leave it in the BCCG holder?
  • Options
    It all depends on the card in the holder. I have crossed three BCCG 10's "in the holder" to PSA 10's, but I was very careful about examining the cards. You have to look for corner damage, is it a card that could have come from an uncut sheet, edge fuzz and centering. Always ask for blow-up scans of the card, front and back, if they won't give them to you, don't bid.

Let the holder be a guide, but only buy the card in it if it measures up.

Scott Jeanblanc
    jeanblanc@iconnect.net
    Ebay UserId: sjeanblanc
    ---------------------------------------------
    Collecting Nolan Ryan cards (68-94)
  • Options

<< <i>A friend of mine tried to cross a BCCG 10 (Mint or Better) to BGS and it got a BGS 8 (NRMT) THAT one really confused the both of us....

Did he leave it in the BCCG holder? >>

Yep, he thought it would be guaranteed a 9, but apparently not...
    PSA Graded Sets:
    1969 Topps Basketball: 25/99 25.25%
    1970 Topps Basketball: 81/175 46.29%
    1998 SA-GE Red Autographs 8/50 16%

Looking for PSA graded Topps Baseball card #69 from all years 52 to 04!

Always looking for PSA 5-8 of these!
  • Options
    envoy98.. I'll give you my wife for that Manning triple auto. You should see her, she ain't bad. OK, I'll throw in her sister!! AWESOME-AWESOME CARD!!!
  • Options
    LOL Chad...

Wife and sister you say? I might have to think about that. Does she cook and clean? image
  • Options
    She cooks and cleans.. I already have her "fixed".. She makes a mean green chile.. Her sister is as horney as a toad! hehe..

Chad
  • Options
    Can you send with delivery confirmation? image
  • Options
    achteyachtey Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    I only tried crossing BCCG once and that was a BCCG 10 mint 1976 Randy White rc. It crossed over to be a PSA 8, to say the least I was disappointed. Now that we're on the subject, has anyone ever crossed a Gem mint(grading company) graded card to PSA? Any luck, kinda curious as I have a Gem Mint 10 that I would like to switch.

Josh
    The world meets no one half way. If you want it you have to go get it.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Crossing a BCCG 10 to a PSA 8 is actually not too bad of an exchange, considering what BCCG 10's usually sell for and the level of "grading" they actually get. But I can understand the disappointment, since PSA 8 modern cards don't have much of a market.

Sometimes I (reluctantly) take a BCCG 10 as part of a trade. Unless it looks like I could crack it out and get a 9 (rarely worth the gamble even if it looks good), I just sell it as is and consider myself lucky if it sells for half of SMR.