Home PSA Set Registry Forum

93 Finest Refractors

Anybody collect these? I've picked up a couple and was thinking about sending them in with my next Ryan submission. Does anybody know how strict they are on refractor lines? This is a set I'm really looking forward to doing (though it won't be anytime soon) because unlike the Ryan set, there are only 1999 cards, and you know no more will be added - kind of easier to mark your progress.

Comments

• if you only care about encapsulation and not the grade, you should buy raw and submit. a straight PSA 9 set would cost $40k, at least
  • Hi Jeff,

You should be able to pick-up the non-star cards raw for $25-$35, now when you start to get into the star cards these things start getting expensive. Clemens $200+, Piazza $300+, Ryan $600+, Brett $250+, Bonds $250+, etc...

There was a complete PSA set in PSA 9's, 9 OC's, 10's that sold 1.5 years ago for $8000+.

The collectors of this set are furious bidders so you will have a fight on your hands for alot of these cards, but good luck if you dive in.

Scott Jeanblanc
    jeanblanc@iconnect.net
    Ebay UserId: sjeanblanc
    --------------------------------------------------
    Collecting Nolan Ryan cards (68-94)
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    I've already picked up about 7 cards, all commons, and haven't paid more than $25 for any of them. All the ones I've picked up so far are perfectly centered, and only 2 have refractor lines. It all started when all the hoopla about Ryan refractors was going on, I wanted to buy one just to hold it in my hand to see what all the fuss was about. My first one was a Reggie Sanders (pre-giving bats to little kids), and I was hooked. I figure I can get about 165 of the 199 crds for less than 30 bucks each. I'm going to pretty much buy all raw. I do have one all-star card, Robin Ventura, because I wanted to see how the green refractors looked. If/when I finally get a Ryan, I am going to put the two of them in a blender and see who comes out on top.
  • PSA doesn't grade against refractor lines like BGS does, obviously you would probably want a card without refractor lines if you had a choice but they don't bother me. Saying this set is competitive is an understatement. You better have deep pockets and are willing to spend in bidding wars if you are going to start it. If you had nice centering you could still but these cards in the blender and they would look fine.... they are a pretty 'tough' set and don't mark very easily.
  • VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Here's a few if anyone is interested.

JEB.