Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jordan Buyback

Could someone please look up the price of my Michael Jordan 1997 SP Authentic Buyback MJ1R. I want to sell it but I just want to know what the BV is on this card. Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    You have to be a little more specific than that.

I'll assume it's a 97 card, but it came out of a 2003/04 product? What product did you pull it from and what card is it originally? I'll assume it's autographed, what is the numbering, does it have GU on it?

You can try
    www.beckett.com/priceguides/lookup.asp
  • Options
    it is in my beckett under 1997-98 SP Authentic Buyback.
    Stated odds 1:309
    Not priced due to scarcity.
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Not to sound trite.....but if it is not priced due to scarcity, how are we supposed to " look it up" for you..........
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    my beckett is from the year 2000. I was just wondering if they updated it. I guess not though. Should I call upper deck and ask them? Or call beckett?
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    I doubt they will give you a value as well. May want to check completed auctions on ebay for a source of info
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i wonder why this sale was never completed... its the same card..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    They exchanged positive feedback for each other--so something is fishy about that one--and the fact that the exact same card (according to scanned serial number) was posted less than a week later and sold again.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    here is his answer to my email.. evidently he has a few of them..

<< <i>> Dear patch03works,
    >
    > Why is this card being sold again? I see you sold the same
    > exact card with the same exact serial # on June 1st.
    >
    >
    > Thank you,
    > bragg82nd

if you are talking about the autograph card, i have few and i just used
    the same scan but if you want i can send you the one you are actually
    getting and the serial # . thanks >>

·p_A·
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    What's the deal with it being a "buyback"? (I obviously don't follow the modern trends, but reading the description didn't really help me any. )
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    The card company goes to the secondary market and buys the card, then they get the player to sign it, or they foil stamp it, or emboss it, or whatever they do, and then reinsert the card into a pack from a new set. Some cynics say the cards haven't actually been bought back, but they've been sitting in the card company's warehouse. I don't see the distinction, really, as long as they aren't reprints. UD started this in their 1997 SP baseball product, IIRC, and all the other companies have had a similar program since then, I think, except for Fleer maybe.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    There are 10 of them and he has "a few of them"??? Hmmm...

I would say that a buyback, #/10 would probably be in the 750-1000 range. Just my thoughts. The one's out of /23 usually go 400-600, some higher some lower. Depending on the card, the uniform and if it has game used or not.

Edited to say that "Depending on the card" means if it was an MVP or UD issue it probably is worth a little less than if it were an Ultimate Collection/SPx/SPA for example.
  • Options

<< <i>There are 10 of them and he has "a few of them"??? Hmmm...

I would say that a buyback, #/10 would probably be in the 750-1000 range. Just my thoughts. The one's out of /23 usually go 400-600, some higher some lower. Depending on the card, the uniform and if it has game used or not.

Edited to say that "Depending on the card" means if it was an MVP or UD issue it probably is worth a little less than if it were an Ultimate Collection/SPx/SPA for example. >>

i dunno how many there are.. where did you get the /10 info?
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    NBAFanNBAFan Posts: 744
    You should ask for the serial number and check it out. Also doesn't Gai still put 1st graded on the label if it was the first one graded?