Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

EBAY FEEDBACK QUESTION

when someone who has left a negative becomes NARU the neg turns into a neutral correct? How can you get some NARU'd? someone created a brand new account, used a BIN and left me a neg right away. I left them a neg back, send the NPB, etc. etc. but they are still not NARU. the account hasn't been used since they negged me and my auction was the only thing they bid on. their personal info was all like yousuck@yahoo.com, Mr. U Suck Gojumpinalake Drive, etc. so it was obvious they created the account just to mess with me. What can I do about it? Is there anyway I can get in contact with ebay to get them NARU'd? no way I am paying Safe Harbor $20 of my hard earned money to get the neg taken off......

Comments

• Hi MrRookie,

No, when someone is NARU'd the Negs stay Negs. Sometimes it takes a sh!t load of NPB's to get someone NARU'd, just take a look at ebay user "bkd67".

I wouldn't worry about it, just post a response to the neg, clearly and non-emtionally stating what happened. People won't hold these kind of incidents against you.

Scott Jeanblanc
    jeanblanc@iconnect.net
    Ebay UserId : sjeanblanc
    -------------------------------------------------
    Collecting Nolan Ryan cards (68-94) and 1971 Topps.
  • 67standup67standup Posts: 833
    Okay, first what is NARU? Second, how does paying $20 to Safe Harbor remove the neg? I'm not very versed with the feedback procedure so please excuse the layman questions.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • NARU is "Not a Registered User", and its either SquareTrade or SafeHarbor runs some kind of extortion ring that will remove negs for a "fee" of $20-$30.

Scott Jeanblanc
    jeanblanc@iconnec.net
    Ebay UserId : sjeanblanc
    -------------------------------------------
    Collecting Nolan Ryan cards (68-94) and 1971 Topps.
  • envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    NARU - No Longer a Registered User
    $20 - Extortion fee to remove neg.

MrRookie: The problem is that you have to both agree to remove the neg, what are the odds the buyer is going to do that? I would bet zilch since he left it right away in the first place. It sucks, I feel for you. I've negged people for non-payment before and then gotten retaliatory negs, but what do you do? I've also had bad sellers neg me for little or no reason. Oh well, $hit happens I guess right? Do what sjeanblanc suggested, leave a non-emotional response and move on. People will forget about it. I would post something like "Bad account that left neg immed after BIN used. BIN 4/5/04 Neg: 4/5/04" Or something to that effect. Stay away from thinks like "SCAMMER WHO HAS NO LIFE AND NEEDS TO BE SHOT. WHAT A LOSER! EBAY SHOULD NARU THIS A$$CLOWN!" People frown on those a little bit. image
  • AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭

<< <i>Stay away from thinks like "SCAMMER WHO HAS NO LIFE AND NEEDS TO BE SHOT. WHAT A LOSER! EBAY SHOULD NARU THIS A$$CLOWN!" People frown on those a little bit. image >>

Yeah but they feel so much better........ image

EDIT CAUSE I CANT SPELL.
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Stay away from thinks like "SCAMMER WHO HAS NO LIFE AND NEEDS TO BE SHOT. WHAT A LOSER! EBAY SHOULD NARU THIS A$$CLOWN!" People frown on those a little bit. image >>

Yeah but they feel so much better........ image

EDIT CAUSE I CANT SPELL. >>

yeah if he wouldve left his legit address it would be worth a plane ticket to visit him..
    ·p_A·

• << <i>when someone who has left a negative becomes NARU the neg turns into a neutral correct? How can you get some NARU'd? someone created a brand new account, used a BIN and left me a neg right away. I left them a neg back, send the NPB, etc. etc. but they are still not NARU. the account hasn't been used since they negged me and my auction was the only thing they bid on. their personal info was all like yousuck@yahoo.com, Mr. U Suck Gojumpinalake Drive, etc. so it was obvious they created the account just to mess with me. What can I do about it? Is there anyway I can get in contact with ebay to get them NARU'd? no way I am paying Safe Harbor $20 of my hard earned money to get the neg taken off...... >>

Ebay feedback removal policy

You may qualify for removal. read below. try to contact ebay customer support

<< <i>Feedback abuse and removal
    Feedback that meets any of the circumstances below is feedback abuse and may be subject to removal. Feedback that doesn't meet any of the reasons outlined below will not be removed:
    eBay is provided with a valid court order finding that the disputed feedback is slanderous, libelous, defamatory or otherwise illegal.

The feedback comment contains profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist language or adult material. Inflammatory language, such as "fraud, liar, cheater, scam artist, con man" etc. is strongly discouraged but will not be removed.
    The feedback comment contains personal identifying information about another member, including real name, address, phone number, or e-mail address.

The feedback makes reference to an eBay, PayPal or law enforcement organization investigation.

The feedback comment contains links or scripts.

Negative feedback intended for another member will be considered for removal only in situations where the member responsible for the mistaken posting informs eBay of the error and has already placed the same feedback for the correct member.

Feedback left by a person ineligible to participate in eBay transactions, according to Section 1 of the eBay User Agreement, at the time of the transaction or the time the feedback was left.

Feedback left by a member who provided eBay with false contact information and could not be contacted. In general, the transaction period is considered to be 90 days from the end of the listing or 30 days from the date the feedback was left, whichever was longer.

Feedback left by a member who bid on or purchased an item solely to have the opportunity to leave negative feedback for the seller, with no intention of completing the transaction.

If you believe that another member has left feedback for you that meets one or more of the criteria listed above, please contact us and seek review. If we agree with you, we will remove the feedback. This review could take some time, especially when using mediation or other routes that are available to you. Therefore, you may want to consider making feedback private until the matter is resolved.

>>

RIP Snow
  • envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Feedback left by a member who provided eBay with false contact information and could not be contacted. In general, the transaction period is considered to be 90 days from the end of the listing or 30 days from the date the feedback was left, whichever was longer.

Feedback left by a member who bid on or purchased an item solely to have the opportunity to leave negative feedback for the seller, with no intention of completing the transaction.

Either or both of these look like loopholes to me MrRookie. I would definitely pursue one of them.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out!
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Good for you.

• << <i>Feedback left by a member who provided eBay with false contact information and could not be contacted. In general, the transaction period is considered to be 90 days from the end of the listing or 30 days from the date the feedback was left, whichever was longer.

Either or both of these look like loopholes to me MrRookie. I would definitely pursue one of them.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out! >>

but how do I contact ebay? I can't find any contact info on their site?
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    eBay Safe Harbor Assistance
    408-558-7400

Hope this helps; good luck!
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."