Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Shipping off my 10 free submissions.

Well I think I decided which cards I want to have graded first. Kind of excited about this simply because I had been thinking about doing this for the last 2 or 3 years. Already made up my mind I will not be dissapointed if they get bad grades, I am by far mainly doig this simply to protect the cards I wish to keep in my collection. How ever I am including a card or two I may sell simply to help me pay to send in some future submissions I wish to get graded.

OK for fun I will list the cards I am gonna send in.

1. 1982 Topps Cal Ripken #21

2.1985 Topps Mark McGwire #401

3.1992 Topps Traded Nomar Garciaparra #39T

4.1993 UD SP Derek Jeter #279

5.1995 Bowmans Best Vladimir Guerrero #2

6.1999 Bowman Chrome Alfonso Soriano "gold" #350

7.2001 Bowman Chrome Albert Pujols #340 ~ auto

8.2003 Bowman Chrome Draft Rickie Weeks "xfractor" #BDP172 ~ auto

9.03/04 Topps Chrome "black refractor 1/500" LeBron James #111

10.03/04 UD SPA 456/500 Lebron James #148 ~ auto

The cards I selected are all almost exclusively for my own personal collection. So I wont be devasted if I dont get the grades I hope to get.

IMO 3 of em could grade 8's.

IMO possibly 3 of them have a very good chance at making a 10. ( I know I know, let me dream o.k.! )

IMO the rest all shoul get 9's.

Will be fun to see if I am happy or sad once I get the results, none the less I am sending them out Saturday and I am excited, wish me luck!

Comments

• Options
    GatorGator Posts: 210
    Nice cards! Keep us posted on what you get.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Those are the perfect cards to get graded. Good Luck!

I can appreciate what you are saying too about the grades AdamLee. I too have some cards that I didn't care what grade they got. I intend on keeping them in my own personal collection. I have a few 8's that are on high $$ cards but I don't care. For example, I have a '01 Tiger Woods SOTT Auto #/274 PSA 8, Ripken Jr. Auto Gold #/99 PSA 8. 94 SP Arod PSA 8, 03 Leg. of SUmmer Johnny Bench Auto PSA 8, 04 SPGU Kobe SIGnificance Auto 3/100 PSA 8. Sucked getting the 8's but they are great cards, I really enjoy looking at them every time I see them and the idea was more or less to protect them. I look at it this way, they'll never be 7's. ie. they can't get any worse and I'm all for protecting good cards such as these. image

Your Pujols is a perfect example of that. Heck, if it gets a 6 who cares, it's still an awesome card.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Getting the cards and paperwork ready to go to ship out tomorrow ( or monday if my fishing trip is a good one) I recall a post soon after I first joined here about the shipping tape needing to be something specific to wrap the box up in but I cant find the thread.

Was it that it had to be brown or something? And that it was found at Office Depots? I have some clear shipping tape which it says on the tape "meets postal regulations" and on my submission form I dont see anything anywhere saying it must be anything other than packing tape so thought I better ask to be sure, nervous enough about sending my cards in, dont need to have them sent back and spend more time in the mail because I used the wrong tape.

Thanks.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    If you are sending via registered mail, all seams have to be "paper" taped. This is the brown tape that you run over a sponge to activate the glue on the back. Save yourself a few bucks and do it at the post office. Ask for the brown paper tape and their sponge, they will be more than happy to oblige.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA Submission
    Adam
    Here is the thread where the procedure of shipping to PSA was discussed at length and will probably answer just about ANY question you may have.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Thanks you two, thats what I needed to know!