Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Have any of you guys seen the Ebay/Beckett Price Guide?

I just got a letter from ebay and it has an article about how they have teamed up with beckett for a price guide. Its called the Beckett.com Sportscard Value Guide. I hate to admit it, but it is a really cool site. It tracks the actual sales of sportscards that have sold on Ebay.

http://valueguide.beckett.com

Comments

• Options
    If it is free, then this is great. If not, I don't see how this adds any additional value to the "Completed Auctions" Search.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    Yeah and with the "questionable" entities out there (on Ebay) it will really skew the market.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Here's the link:
    Text
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Doesn't appear to be very useful to me, unless I'm missing something. They list Ebay High prices that I know went with a graded card, but Beckett seems to be associating it with raw cards. Tried the filtering option with year and set and date range 1/1/2003 to 4/15/2004 for OPC Nolan Ryan cards and got nothing. Yet I know that a lot of OPC Ryan cards have been sold over the last year.

Think it needs a lot more work.

Scott Jeanblanc
    jeanblanc@iconnect.net
    Ebay UserID : sjeanblanc
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting Nolan Ryan cards (68-94)

• Options
    GatorGator Posts: 210
    It still lacks alot of data, such as Tiger Woods. It doesn't show any sales for him. I used Barry Bonds and the first one on the list was the 1986 Topps Traded. 356 sales. If you click on the set description it will give you a breakdown of each card sold, ebay item number, grade, average price, etc.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found the guide to be useless. I looked up my own purchases of cards from the last couple months on Ebay (at least a couple dozen cards) and none of them showed up in the guide...

Tabe
    www.tabe.nu