Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Not Holdered, Miscut question

2 40346638 1962 MARS ATTACKS 25 CAPTURING A MARTIAN N/A Not Holdered, Miscut

Can anyone tell me why? The card is not bat eared. The only thing I can find is it is 1/16 of an inch larger then the other card, top to bottom, they did holder. Is this why? Someone before said about a minimum size, is there a max size?

-Mike

Comments

• Options
    Can you post the back?
    Todd Schultz (taslegal@hotmail.com)
    ebay id: nolemmings
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it might be too big for the holder or not quite rectangular. I've gotten a couple back that didn't have 4 square corners.

They also use miscut (MC) to designate that a card is so off-center that one border is non-existent. In that case they'll holder the card, though--so long as it fits.

Mike
  • Options
    This happened to me on a 1974 OPC Nolan Ryan Strikeout Leaders card, on one edge the card had a slight appendage that extended about 1/8" out from the card and was 1/4" long. Was kind of curious at the time why it wasn't holdered with a MC qualifier, but it probably wouldn't have fit in a holder because of the defect. What sucked was the card was well centered with 4 sharp corners, that I pulled from a pack of 74 OPC.

Scott Jeanblanc
    jeanblanc@iconnect.net
    Ebay UserID : sjeanblanc

-----------------------------------------------
    Collecting Nolan Ryan cards (68-94) in PSA 9 or better.
  • Options
    It looks like the bottom of the card is not straight. Place the edge on a flat service and you will see the factory “miscut”. Check the top as well. I received a 68 Kemp back from PSA recently with the same factory “miscut”.
    Thanks,
    Michael
  • Options

the card is square, I measured it diagonally corner to corner and the measurements are the same. When I scanned the back there was a little wired almost like a surface wrinkle like that showed up about 1/16 of and inch from the bottom boarder. I didn’t see it with my naked eye and still can’t but the scanner picks it up. I scanned it three different times and it always shows up so it is not a glitch. This doesn’t seem like it would be the problem. I would think they would have just holdered it and dropped it a few grade had they seen it.

-Mike
  • Options
    Sjeanblanc,

Since you seek Ryan cards, I have a 1973 OPC PSA 9 (OC) I was going to list in a few weeks. PM me if you're interested.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    I thought we holdered the card?..Ah we ran out of holders?..I tell the people to holder next time?
  • Options
    WOW!!! good eyes. Sure enough I put the bottom edge down on the table and it is a vit "wavy".

Thanks for everyone help, and a gold star goes to Mykabota!

-Mike
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Aw, that Mykabota always gets the gold stars!