Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone need any 1972 Topps baseball?

Just picked up a ton of 1972 Topps baseball, most cards are going to average 6's, might be a few 7's in there. Anyone have needs? Looking to sell only or trade for Yaz, Doerr, or other Sox HOF'ers. Let me know.
Looking for Red Sox HOF items

Comments

• Options
    Also, what are the real tough or rare cards from this set?
    Looking for Red Sox HOF items
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    hi numbered traded cards are a lil tuff
    Good for you.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    boston,

There was a thread a while back that had the "low pop cards from the 60's and 70's" in it - I did a write up on probably the 30 toughest cards in the 72 set. I can't locate it right now, but hopefully someone remembers the name of the thread and can supply a link.

The top 5 toughest are probably #178 Paul Schaal In Action, #655 Jerry Grote, #518 Wayne Garrett, #409 Frank Baker and #443 Ken Henderson. Other than the Schaal IA - there are about 20 other cards that are close and people could make arguments that some of these other cards belong in this top 5 instead of one of these.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    You'll lose money submitting them if they are going to be 6's and 7's.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    David is absolutely right.

I sent in a Paul Schaal In Action a few months back with great corners and questionable centering. It came back as an 8OC but I'm sure it would qualif for PSA 7 as well. While a Paul Schaal In Action PSA 8 would sell for over $300 on eBay - this 8OC went for $6. And that card is very much the toughest one in the set.

If its not an 8 - it ain't...
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!