Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1955 Topps cards

Any of you guys looking for raw cards that could grade i came accross 150+ 1955 topps cards im listing on ebay. Got them from an older guy who had them his whole life. so i can say 99.9% sure they havent been tampered with. so if your looking for mid grade 5-7 maybe some 8's these might help you.

Comments

• Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    While I'm sure your offer is legit, just because someone has them all their lives doesn't mean they couldn't have been "experimented" with while the owner was young.

I have a batch of '78s with signatures obtained by myself, FROM myself, if you know what I mean! Also, when the '82 K-Marts came out I trimmed a set once to try to fool my friends into thinking I had minis of the originals. It didn't work. Then there's the '82 Topps Len Barker in which I erased his name on the front and handwrote my own in pencil. There might be a Tom Hume out there that suffered the same fate.

But, I did once buy a raw '55 Bowman (#196 Russ Meyer) on Ebay from a guy who said he had them since he bought them in packs in '55. I paid $1.00 and it came back a PSA 8. So maybe there are people out there who took care of their pack-bought cards, unlike myself.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Well that why i say 99.9% sure. but i have seen cards now since i am a kid and been reading up on them every day more and more to get more knoweldgeable about them. i look at these and they are nice the backs are awesome which i didnt scan. but i will get the emails like i always do and ill add the scans. these are mostly commons, some money cards like hodges rizzuto.
    no stockings taken to them no lighter fluid etc.. and out of 164 cards that i have here 140 of them have no creases or surface wrinkles. so id say they are all gradable. most would grade 6-7.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris
    This isn't rocket science and for sure, no one is ever 100% If I had the goods, I would first look at them under a good light source ( I have an Ott-lite and a black light), measure them and then whatever happens, happens - PSA or not these sound like really nice cards. Wouldn't mind bidding on the stars - if I can afford them - my wife has no idea what I have spent with a credit card!
    Mike image
    Mike
  • Options
    LJB17LJB17 Posts: 252 ✭✭
    I would be interested in some of these. Are they already listed? Please give me a link or contact me at ljb17@austin.rr.com
    Looking for 77 cloth 9s and 10s.
    54 Red Hearts
    and now 64 Stand ups
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I need card 157 to complete my set............26 to upgrade then im done!
    Good for you.
  • Options
    hey , you never know. over the years i've had some good finds that came to me just like this one did to kuhlman.

even though i surely would have taken at least 10 of the sharpest stars and highs and sent them in to PSA. ten 7's and 8's could easily go for more than the entire lot in raw form and you 'll be more assured that rest haven't been worked on. with the 5 day special going on 100 bucks isn't a lot to invest, there is is potentially much larger upside.

good luck anyway!
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Here is an item # for one of the 1955 topps cards. then just view sellers other items.
    The thing about grading if i pay the money than i get 5-6 back dont they sell raw as the same price as a 5 or 6? dont start making money on grading until 7's right?
    I am not great about grading cards but i will say out of the 91 i have listed right now. none have a crease or a wrinkle. a few might have a corner crease but maybe only like 5 of them which the scans will show.

ohh yeah the item # 2794067900.

If all goes well with these this week i will have 1956 topps cards next week about 150-200 of those also. I am spliting this with the guy that gave them to me he said he didnt have the time to fiddle with ebay. so i am taking care of all the leg work.

Sorry i have not come across # 157. who is it he still had some more so i can check for you on monday? If you need scans of any particular card your interested in email me. and ill shoot over front and back of card. Chris kuhlmann30@netzero.com
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link
    Mikeimage

#157 Bob Miller
    Mike