Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Rios '02 Elite just ended on Ebay - Price....

A whopping $113.50 I think peopel are starting to realize that they overpaid for a guy who can't quite hit over .200 against Spring Training pitchers. Hype, baby Hype. It'll cost you.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?

Comments

• Options
    LOL...two words:

THAT SUCKS!
    e-mail me @ EHTHOCKEY@YAHOO.COM

Collecting all bowman chrome rc's from 2002 and 2003
  • Options
    Come on Roach.

You're better than that buddy.

Yes the card did go for $113.50, but there are a handful of factors working against that one.
    1) The seller only had 344 feedback and his percentage is 98.0%, I wouldn't touch that card
    2) With his bad feedback, he doesn't take paypal, so not only is it a pain to send a check/MO, but you have no buyer protection if he decides to keep your money and laugh all the way to the bank
    3) It ended at 3:17 PST, way too early for the average collector to get home and do a search, especially for us Left Coasters
    4) He stated that the card is "mint/nrmint" which is both bass ackwards and implies that it would be a PSA 8 at best

If you want to see how the card is doing, check THIS AUCTION and tell me that it's weakening. By the way, for the record I think this card did get a little too steep, it might be a decent gamble around $100, but the $175 area scares me a little bit.
    Jason
    Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com
  • Options
    I know BCP. They will be down to around $60 or so by the start of the season. Some people were paying 3X this up until recently. My mother always told me never to put all my eggs into one basket. At least not the eggs that cost $160 a piece.

Start selling those Rios rookies now!! He may be a decent player one day, but he will never justify $100 a piece, let alone $160 or so.

By the way BCP, you got a good deal on the TOTC Castillo. Like I said, the last Castillo regular issue went off at $36. I bought 3 different ones from dealers who ended their auctions early for my $25 offer. That is why there isn't too many on Ebay right now.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options

<< <i>Come on Roach.

You're better than that buddy.

Yes the card did go for $113.50, but there are a handful of factors working against that one.
    1) The seller only had 344 feedback and his percentage is 98.0%, I wouldn't touch that card
    2) With his bad feedback, he doesn't take paypal, so not only is it a pain to send a check/MO, but you have no buyer protection if he decides to keep your money and laugh all the way to the bank
    3) It ended at 3:17 PST, way too early for the average collector to get home and do a search, especially for us Left Coasters
    4) He stated that the card is "mint/nrmint" which is both bass ackwards and implies that it would be a PSA 8 at best

If you want to see how the card is doing, check THIS AUCTION and tell me that it's weakening. By the way, for the record I think this card did get a little too steep, it might be a decent gamble around $100, but the $175 area scares me a little bit.
    Jason >>

Yeah, money orders do suck. But that Rios 9.5 was bid up really high, really early. The last $200 was that nut ESteve. He goes crazy on everything that he wants. I believe that he was a arch enemy of BeachBum's for awhile.

Again, I never said that he wasn't, or couldn't become a good player. But for the cards that went off at $175 or so, he better be alot more than just decent for those buyers to ever make any kind of profit. I know that none of us have a crystal ball, but the idea is to BUY LOW, SELL HIGH. If some of us think buying Rios at $175 a piece is "buying low", they are in some real trouble.

Just my opinion. I promise - enough about Rios. At least until he goes hitless again.

TheRoach

• Options
    That auction ended 6 days ago...When Rios was REALLY in his card market "top". A LOT can change in 6 days...although I believe your factors to be true, I can see this card to have a continuous drop in price, or to level out eventually, untill he starts to put up those big numbers again.

• Options
    BTW: TheRoach, if you want what I believe to be a good deal on some Castillo Elite's, shoot me an email...

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    boy am i glad i have no idea who rios is and that i will not open new stuff.....bad enuff im killing the bank on vintage u want the wife to really get P O?
    Good for you.
  • Options
    How about this price on a current auction:

current Rios auction

BTW, Es-Steeve is not an arch-enemy of mine Roach.

Quite the contrary, I am an admirer of his !

He is the only person that makes me think twice in any bidding war because he is crazier than I am.

Now, you wanna talk "nemesis" as he is always driving up bids in stuff I want..."NLDCLARK"...that guy is beginning to get on my nerves.
  • Options
    How can someone begin to claim a card to be mint...if it was mine, WHY AREN'T THEY GRADING IT?! Just doesn't add up to me...BTW..mike, if you still want those Hamels, email me back.

• Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Just waiting for the 6 regular Rioses and 1 die cut to come back from PSA. Looks like they're still going strong at $180, and once he settles into AAA and hits .350, they'll easily top $250 ungraded...

Mike; Good to see you're alive. Respond to my damn email.
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.