Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Beware The New Bidder

I was going through my tracking of of closed auctions for 1975 Topps and a new bidder "larryvan" has appeared on the scene who is buying PSA 9's with semi-reckless abandon. He just bought RedSoxJeff's PSA 9 Johnny Bench for the BIN of $275, even though with one day left, it had failed to receive even an opening bid at $200 and the card has not sold for that much on eBay in the last 9 months that I've tracked prices. He also BIN'ed Nate Colbert in PSA 9 for $40 even though the price range has been $25-$30 in the last 9 months.

New blood always makes things interesting. It's good if you're a seller though.

Comments

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

maybe he is the sinister alter-ego of "larry mayer"
  • Options
    It's good if you're a seller though.

Or a collector, keeps the average price higher - good for any market.
    (Unless you've bought on the top end that is).

If you are talking 1975 Bench regular issue - the here are tracked sales starting in April 2003:

Jeremy
    Jeremy
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I paid $193.50 including the shipping for Bench.
  • Options
    I would think you would be especially appreciative of the upward trend in value.
    Or isn't that the case?
    Jeremy
  • Options
    If I were selling the set right now, I'd be extremely happy. Right now, I'm in purchasing mode. However, this is really more of an anomaly. It's just a single buyer who has not done his due diligence in the price arena.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Why not sell you cards directly to him and make a nice profit...its not like you will not be able to replace those 1975's in the next year...

John
  • Options
    Geez . . . maybe I will offer him my collection. Look what he and another bidder on bidding up a Stargell PSA 9 that has consistently sold in the $130's and failed to get a minimum bid at $150 the last time redsoxjeff listed this card 2 weeks ago.

eBay.com Bid History for 1975 Topps #100 Willie Stargell PSA 9 MINT
  • Options
    Dave -

Question about the crown icon in your sig line - are you plotting a palace coup against the King? Is there something Larry should know? Hmmmmmmmmmm.......
  • Options
    LA Kings -- Since football season is over for the 'Hawks.

I have taken a vow of silence on any and all coup rumors until the money order I got from Larry in the mail today is deposited and clears the bank.
  • Options
    Glad you two are on the Wrong Coast. image I would hate to be anywhere nearby once you commence the "Blows Against The Empire".
  • Options

<< <i>Geez . . . maybe I will offer him my collection. Look what he and another bidder on bidding up a Stargell PSA 9 that has consistently sold in the $130's and failed to get a minimum bid at $150 the last time redsoxjeff listed this card 2 weeks ago.

eBay.com Bid History for 1975 Topps #100 Willie Stargell PSA 9 MINT >>

David,

Wow! I picked up my PSA 9 for $117 including s&h back in Sept. and it looks a hell of a lot better than that one. image

I know that I bid outrageously from time to time, but this is ridiculous - I at least check the Pop Report and some dealer websites before throwing out a bid like that. As a seller, you have to love it though... I just wish it would happen to me sometime. image

JEB.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i> As a seller, you have to love it though... I just wish it would happen to me sometime. >>

A few months ago I got a 9 back on a Yount RC. I offered it around here for $400. No takers. It sold on Ebay a week later for $609 image
  • Options
    I just noticed that he BIN'ed 18 different 1975 commons at $10 each from Mickey's on Thursday.