Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This Lebron James RC will SMASH records!!!!

This was the card I was talking about even before the season.....it's going to go real high...

Lebron James SPX Spectrum Jersey/Auto RC #23/25 (Jersey Number!)

CB4

Comments

• Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    Someone appears to have scribbled "2B-36" on the card.

Really though, if Lebron thinks that is a signature, perhaps college would have been a good idea for him.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Holy Cow! - Its almost at $10K w/ 9+ days remaining....jay
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    One bad step can turn 10K to No K!
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options

The high bidder is also a board member. image

That Dave!!! He never let on that he was such a high roller.image

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    I would really like to have that card for resale only. I am not into modern cards that much. If I win, however, they wife says I must sell a nice chunk of my cards!!!

dave

PS.. I put 10K on it but seriously doubt it will stay under that. I'm sure my collection is safe.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    pippen longstockings
    3/5 odds
    any takers?
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    What's going to happen if LeBron James becomes the next Harold "Baby Jordan" Miner? Or the next Grant Hill, for that matter? He's good, but this is insane...
  • Options
    Vincecarder, are you going to bid on it or what?

BTW, did you see this card?
  • Options
    Mr. Anthony up in Denver is more impressive at this point. Right now, it's like a 2 for 1 when buying their rookies. Lebron is and will be great, but he is way too overhyped right now. Next year he will just be last year's news. Where is Yao Ming 's card value right now? They would be even lower if it wasn't for the Asian activity.

Graded cards of modern/new players stink because the value just continues to drop each time another grade just like it is given out. I remember when the '87 Fleer Barry Bonds had like 3 copies given the 9.5 by Beckett. the card couldn't be had for less than $3,500 or so. Now since they have given out a lot more 9.5's, the card can be had for just over a thousand $$$. As the 9.5's continue to pump out for this card, the value will continue to drop.

Low serial numbered cards that are graded are the way to go. The population of the graded versions could never surpass the amount produced. Stay within like 100 copies or less.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    Roach, i agree (with all of your statements)
  • Options
    Second that Goodriddance and Roach! I personally like Carmelo because from an investment standpoint , there is less to lose and more to gain.

These ( Lebron ) cards are going to take a tumble...guaranteed...wouldn't want to be holding them when that happens.

I'll take another premium player , where as you said you can get 2 for 1 and flip it for greater profit.

Where is the upside in a $15K+ card which this will become?
  • Options
    Not to switch directions on this thread, but can somebody post the prices of a PSA 10 SI for kids Lebron card at it's peak compared to what you can get one for now. I picked up a PSA 9 for $5 bucks not too long ago.

• Options
    lebron si for kids- i saw a few psa 10s sell for 5k this summer. last i checked they could be had for <$500