Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Boucher, 5 consecutive shutouts?........

That would be cool. It will probably feel weird to him the next time he allows a goal. I'm surprised terry Sawchuk, or Martin Brodeur never did 4 in a row.

Comments

• Options
    Like to see him do it!

Boucher chasing history

I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    5 consecutive is definitely amazing. In just 5 games, he would be half way to double digits in shutouts. They keep mentioning the modern record. Does George Hainsworth have the all time record? I know he recorded 22 shuouts one year. That year the season was only 44 games! The weird thing is that he only got 22 wins that year. I guess he could only win that season when he was perfect.
  • Options
    Wow!
  • Options
    Now that I think about it, I remember reading somewhere that Georges Vezina had 6 consecutive shutouts, but that was in the NHA, so the NHL wouldn't recognize it.
  • Options
    The NHL's modern era began after 1944, when the center red line was added. Alex Connell owns the overall NHL records of six straight shutouts and a 461:29 scoreless streak for Ottawa in 1927-28, when forward passing was not permitted in the attacking zone.
  • Options
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options
    Sorry bout the previous post I hit enter by mistakeimage, anyway Boucher did it;
    Boucher blanked the Washington Capitals in Wednesday's 3-0 victory, becoming the first NHL goalie to record four consecutive shutouts since Montreal's Bill Durnan accomplished the feat in 1949. The Coyotes' goalie also extended his scoreless streak to 265:45, which is second behind Durnan's modern-era NHL record of 309:21
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry bout the previous post I hit enter by mistakeimage, anyway Boucher did it;
    Boucher blanked the Washington Capitals in Wednesday's 3-0 victory, becoming the first NHL goalie to record four consecutive shutouts since Montreal's Bill Durnan accomplished the feat in 1949. The Coyotes' goalie also extended his scoreless streak to 265:45, which is second behind Durnan's modern-era NHL record of 309:21 >>

You didn't see last night? He got his fifth shutout.
  • Options
    That is an amazing feat...that record stood up for 70 years.....who would have thought Boucher would break it?!?!?!
    CB4
  • Options
    I kind of hate it when a lesser known player does something big, like many of the perfect game pitchers. It almost makes it seem like it was an accident. I hope this will give him confidence to be a great goalie in the future. I have the feeling when he does eventually allow a goal, he's going to end up allowing 5 or 6 goals.
  • Options
    5 straight shut outs and still going...

Very imazing! Atlanta is next and they have Kovalchuk and Heatly to name a few. It looks like it may end here..

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    Roach, heatly is still out because of the car crash. The Islanders recently shutout Atlanta, so they aren't perfect. It could happen. The Pressure is definitely on Boucher.
  • Options
    Thanks Gotabuyit! I can tell that you and me will get along pretty well. We both think alike. Nice talkin' to ya.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Gotabuyit! I can tell that you and me will get along pretty well. We both think alike. Nice talkin' to ya.

TheRoach

image >>

No problem Roach, I don't normally like roaches, but in your case, I will make an exception. lol. Unless of course you mean the roach that is what's left of the joint. Did you watch the Islander/Ranger game today? Heart breaker.