Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

New SP Authentic and Contenders out, opinions please

Here is a listing with pics of both, am not impressed by this year patch rookiies and the contenders autos are too loud, last years on both much better.

Yuck!
XTRA INNINGS SPORTS CARDS
Now Closed For Good

REFERENCES: check rmcards4u

Looking for tough Game Used and Autos in Football and Baseball, expecially Phillies, Orioles, Redskins, Steelers, Eagles and Raiders.

Comments

• Yuck is right. I really dont like those countenders look like Collecters Edge made them lol
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I like the SPA, but the Contenders in U-G-L-Y

• OH MAN THE SPA PATCH ROOKIES STINK!

The patch is so small...

I guess they had to put that "bar" across the patch to prevent fakes...I think I saw at least 25 different "NFL logo" Jeremy Shockey patches

man they stink though, the horizontal with a big circle shaped patch ones from 2001 and 2002 were so much nicer
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I usually buy a lot of this stuff as it is yearly the best rookies, but I have to approach with
    caution.....I was delighted by playoff putting 4 autos per box into this but read a 5 box break
    over on the beckett site and I can see why there are 4 rookie autos per box...playoff loaded
    it up with 6th rounders many signing 999 cards! Clearly fluff.

SPA is a joke once again.....I cringe at the sight of redemptions again..half of the 2002 redemptions
    aren't even in yet! Also why are they pics of the rookies STILL from the rookie photo shoot? Can't
    they go out during the 17 week season and get some more shots? The last thing I want is a rookie
    who is pictured in warm up gear who was cut in week 3!

Like I said again, I usually go wild with this stuff but what I have seen so far is a joke! You think
    the great rookies in contenders are going to be numbered to like 50 again this year?

JS
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    It has become nearly impossible to collect a rookie in the first round.

This is another reason why I am turning to vintage, HOF and Legend rookie cards and rare autos.
    some bozo just sold a Carson Palmer RC Auto /169 for 40 bucks buy it now! and people wonder
    why cards don't book for squat...if you look hard enough there will always be some guy ready to give
    it away!

• lol I would guess Carson would be an easy $100-$150
  • I busted a few of Contenders with the owner. He ended up pulling 3 autos (one a redemption). Then I pulled the last auto which was Kevin Williams (1st Round 9th Pick)

• what are you talking about joestalin? saying all the autos are 6th rounders. azianphenom got a 1st round, 9th pick but it still sells for $5-$12 on ebay cause he's a defensive player

they should not make cards of defensive players, period

except for Urlacher ;-) lol
    rjeff...actually not all defensive players are worth junk....I remember in 99 Kearse stuff was on fire and
    of course Urlacher in 2000. Newman and Roy Williams sell well too and Freeny also.

I just got a call from my dealer saying it was in, I don't think Im going to pull the trigger even though
    I would like to take a crack at a few packs.

I think the only cards that are going to be worth anything are the ones numbered very low (under 250).
    and right now I know of only 2- Leftwich and Palmer. Boller and Boldin are both numbered in the 4-500
    range which doesn't really make them scarce. Dominic Davis is numbered to like 900. There are
    a bunch of coach autos in here....I really don't see why this product will be become sought after in the
    future.

If you have the will power, wait 2 weeks and this stuff will be a a much better buy.

JS
  • some guy from TR pulled these from one box:

Rookie of the Year Contenders #ROY-6 Terrence Newman
    Legendary Contenders #LC-3 Jim Brown
    MVP Contenders #MVP-7 Jerry Rice
    Rookie Round Up #RR-33 Cortez Hankton #d 116/375
    Playoff Ticket #46 Jerry Rice #d 054/150

#103 Brandon Lloyd rc auto #d 079/589
    #128 Kyle Boller rc auto #d 050/439
    #128 Kyle Boller rc auto #d 367/439
    #145 Tyrone Calico rc auto #d 212/499

MVP Contenders MVP-12 Michael Vick auto #d 14/25

two Bollers in one box was pretty sweet...looks like this year the non-rc autos will be the big pulls
    I just busted a box...results to follow

JS

• << <i>I just got a call from my dealer saying it was in, I don't think Im going to

If you have the will power, wait 2 weeks and this stuff will be a a much better buy. >>

lol joestalin not even taking your own advice
    yeah but I got a really good deal on it.

JS