Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Help with a recent pull...not sure what it is.....

Bought a box of Bowman Rookies & Stars basketball...didn't do the greatest on it but there was one card that caught my attention.

It's a Dwayne Wade Bowman Gold RC. Now when I put it beside the other Bowman RC's it looks different. The back is glossy unlike the other gold RC's but it doesn't have any special markings (ie refractor, x-fractor under the card #) What does look different also is that there is a blank white square on the back where Wade's picture is. Now on all the Bowman autographs there is a sticker with a serial number and I'm pretty sure that a sticker was suppose to go in that blank square. Now is this an error of some sort? Just looks odd to me.
CB4

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    send it back to Topps and tell them they forgot the auto and sticker. Maybe they will send one back lol
  • Options
    This is what it looks like. That square basically is suppose to have the autograph sticker there. The only thing is I don't think there is a Gold auto...

Here's a Wade auto with the sticker....

Well I think there should be an auto on it.......
    CB4
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Good question...
    Is that a scan or dig. pic?
  • Options
    That's a scan....
    CB4
  • Options
    go ahead and e-mail Topps with the scan and ask if they could trade you an auto'd version for it
  • Options
    All I found on Topps is a phone number. Do they have an email address for customer service?
    CB4
  • Options
    i have 2 of those cards with that blank square. marcus banks, nick collison. lmk if you find anything out. thanks
    Looking for Roethlisberger (higher end)

ref; sportsguy247, clippers21fan,
    ahares,samsgirl214, cardnyou,
    donniebaseball23, bradley25,
    duncangal, battier, josher416
    speedmaster, SkiVermont3,netfan5
  • Options
    Didn't last years Bowman Chrome baseball have alot of error cards that were supposed to be auto'ed but weren't? And don't those cards book for some good money?

I'd keep it until it books.
  • Options
    lmk what you find out...i have these that look like your scan (i.e., white box for sticker w/o a sticker, glossy back)

wade
    ridnour
    hinrich
    cabarkapa
  • Options
    ive got a TJ ford that looks the same way also

james
  • Options
    The Gold version aren't signed # 148 at 157 and 147 not exist
    I am alway looking for:

Fleer Exclusives rc,and Hoops hot Prospects rc 02-03 and Spx 02-03

Ref:McDee2,Mik,Aircanada,Goyanks,RichyPF32,Duncangal,cpdHenry,Scott21,Bobstar