Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1971 Topps PSA 10's

Just looking at Mile High Card auction mag in the new smr and there are not 1, but 2 psa 10's from the black beauty in this auction. Now I can finally see what a 10 will go for from this set. The cards are Jim Palmer and Reggie Smith. My guess is 2k for reggie and 3k for Palmer, man it would be cool to own a 10, from what I think may be toughest to get 10 set out there. My bet is they both end up in CR's hands come one week from tonight.......NHLfightguy

Comments

• Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    "it would be cool to own a 10, from what I think may be toughest to get 10 set out there."
    try batter ups or stand ups....
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    Or Stahl Meyers....HAHAHA!
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    Didn't a Reggie Smith '71 Topps PSA 10 sell for something like $550 last year? This could even be that same one.
  • Options
    I know it's hard to definitively tell from a picture but that Reggie Smith isn't a very attractive card. Looks diamond cut to me.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking that the Reggie Smith was out on Ebay about two years ago and sold for $900? I can't remember either. I think the Smith card looks awesome and deserves a PSA 10.
    I would have to agree with PC that batter ups and stand ups are the toughest to find in PSA 10.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Haven't checked the pop reports to see if the Smith is still 1/1, but that card has been around in a grade of 10 for a while. It was sold to onelotus a couple years back for I believe 770, then was resold for a little over 500 bucks when Onelotus sold off his collection of 10s about a year ago or so. Probably is the same card.
  • Options

<< <i>Didn't a Reggie Smith '71 Topps PSA 10 sell for something like $550 last year? This could even be that same one. >>

yes, $560
  • Options
    I was curious and checked the POP Report. There is still only 1 PSA 10 graded Reggie Smith (with no 9s and 18 - 8s).

Based on the posts so far, this card may be eligible for a "frequent flyer" program. image

So far I have gathered that this card has:

• sold for $550 last year
    • sold for $900 2 years ago
    • sold for $770 a couple of years back
    • sold for $550+ about a year ago
    • sold for $560 last year

Looks like a sale last year is confirmed at $560.

The card is currently at $354 with 14 bids.

The card should have been scanned with a light background - it is very hard to see the borders. Looking at it closely, it appears to have less than perfect centering T/B, but again, the dark background in the scan makes it hard to see.

Check it out for yourself:

JEB.
  • Options
    it still looks better than that PSA 10 Palmer
  • Options

<< <i>it still looks better than that PSA 10 Palmer >>

I respectfully disagree. The scan of the Palmer looks worse than the scan of the Smith. I guarantee that the Palmer card does not look like that when you view it in person. It's reflected light on the border from the holder. The centering, in my opinion, is better on the Palmer.

*****Edited to add scan*****

JEB.
  • Options
    Virtualized

Can you provide a link to the auction that has the PSA 10 1971's?
  • Options

<< <i>Virtualized

Can you provide a link to the auction that has the PSA 10 1971's? >>

Damn it, it's Virtualizard! I hope pcb8210 isn't Davalillo's alterego. image

Anyway, here it is:

Check out lots 183 & 184

Mile High Auction

JEB.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyway, here it is:

Check out lots 183 & 184

Mile High Auction >>

Thanks. I have that catalog. I hadn't noticed the PSA 10 1971's.

"pcp"