Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Builders website?

I have heard many of you praise "setbuilders" as a good dealer for picking up cards. Could someone tell me his name and if he has a website address? Thanks in advance! image
1972 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
1974 Topps Baseball PSA 8+

Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens

Comments

• Options
    I dont know about a website, but the email is jtoro@adelphia.net

braves
  • Options
    ABBAdad...

I would be happy to refer this dealer....IMHO, best there is. ......

A true friend of the Registry.

Here 'ya go...

Joe Tauriello
    31 Clark Court
    Elma NY 14059

(716) 655-2200

Email: jtoro@adelphia.net

eBay: setbuilders and setbuilders2

He's currently at the SF Tri-Star show.

(hey Joe...where's my tip..???????.........ha.....)

Larry

I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Thanks Braves and Larry !!

• Options
    Thanks Larry! (I hope all is ok on your home front).

ABBAdad:

I really don't have a website as I don't have the time to maintain it or keep it current. I also don't do mail order for basically the same reason... a lack of time (or manpower). I do all of my retailing at shows and run 2 E-bay sites, mostly for graded material or off grade raw material.

I would love to have you stop by my table at any show. I always appreciate Registry Members stopping by. I don't know where you live but I'll be in Ft Washington in 2 weeks, then Boston in late October and the Sun Times show in Chicago in the middle of November.

Thanks for the inquiry!
    Joe Tauriello
    Setbuilders Sports Cards
    Ebay: set-builders & set-builders2
  • Options
    Joe,

I won't be able to attend any of the mentioned shows. I live in the Memphis, TN area and it is hard to get away from my Optometry practice and 4 kids all active in sports, etc. However, maybe someday a show will come near me and we can meet. I have heard many fine things about you and I wanted to be able to contact you when my sets get a little closer to completion and those tough to find cards come into play. Perhaps you will be a big help! I collect my "wonder years" sets- 1970-1975 Topps baseball and I also like the 71-72 Basketball set as well as 72-73 and some early 70s football. I will be in touch!

David

• Options
    All righty now!!!

Boston in late October...see ya at that one, Joe.
    Bring all your newly graded topps psa 9's for 1961 and don't tell "Buckwheat".

John

i will also be at the Boston show so don't forget to bring the baseball 1970 PSA9's. image

chris klinger
  • Options
    Norty - What is the show and what are the dates and times for Boston? I'd like to drive down from Maine with my daughter for he show.
    Thanks in advance for the info and it was great meeting you at the Nationals Joe.
    Ray Boehm
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    Norty, motocrosser, chrisKK, and RayBShotz...........

Well if there is going to be a Registry party at Setbuilders table during the Boston show..I WANT TO BE THERE!

Joe...Please give us a run down on where?, when?,....

Might be a good oppurtunity to parctice my "stand up routine".....A few Jokes.....A few beers......ughhh......... Oh 'yeah.....Baseball cards too !!! (theGEMMINTMAN is not too far either.....ha)....

LMK (No...let us ALL know.....)

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Party at Setbuilders table? I like the idea! Entertainment by King Kellogg! Beer by the Shriners!

The Boston show (officially sponsored by the Greater Boston Sports Collectors Club) runs Friday October 31, Saturday Nov. 1 and Sunday Nov. 2nd. It is located at the Shriners Auditorium in Wilmington Mass., a little outside of Boston. I believe it is off Exit 39 on 93North. I do not have the show times available but my recollection is that it runs from like noon to 7pm on Friday, 9am to 5pm Saturday and from 10 to 4 on Sunday . On Friday night the Shriners have a dinner for the dealers, making cheap fat guys like me really happy!

Actually it is one of the better regional shows in the country and the Shriners really do a great job with it. They are also exceptionally nice to dealers and collectors and it makes for a good show atmosphere.

I hope you all can make it. There usually are a number of New England based dealers you don't see at many other shows, so you might get a look at material you haven't already seen.
    Joe Tauriello
    Setbuilders Sports Cards
  • Options
    I'll be there! Thanks Joe!
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    I may have to plan a trip.

Thanks Joe.

JEB.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    count me in. bring lots of mint and centered 76 topps baseball please.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Sorry Jackstraw, I only go up to 1972image
    Joe Tauriello
    Setbuilders Sports Cards
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    ok i will settle for a mint and centered 72 paul schall IAimage
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Norty,

Leave your mint 61's at home when you go to Boston.

Motocrosser-- You sure have been adding to your set. I remember when your goal was 7.5, and now you are near 8.25! It is amazing what a little competition will do to us!
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    Buck,
    I just got back to reading the threads on the forum! Start of school weak, yeah! yeah!. With 2 teenagers, it's easy to get sidetracked.

Your're correct about the gpa of my set. I think It's some competition that has been the motivator with the set. My set has always been in the same general position #6-3 for 61 topps. When we started the set, many cards didn't even have an 8 graded. With great dealers like Joe Tauriello, many more cards have been graded. Now 9's are the way 8's were 2-3 years ago.

Trading with other collectors has become the only way to get some of the low pop cards. Rob, you've been a great help and I thank you.
    I just recently traded with another great guy from Michigan, Stan Baszczuk. Bosko, 1961 topps. Hopefully Stan will be joining us here on the registry forum soon.

mx'er

Joe! Bring the 61's, Buck will have to fly up and cut me off at the pass!

<< <i>On Friday night the Shriners have a dinner for the dealers, making cheap fat guys like me really happy! >>

Last year I had far too many of those "finger sandwiches" myself. I must be cheaper, as I did wish that I didn't have to pay for beer at the bar. image

• Options
    Kurt...

They have BEER ?????......AND little sandwiches????.....

Yeah, Baby........

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Larry,

Yes there is a bar. image

The dinner is a "buffet" setting with a large array of food. I was in first, as I always am when food is around, so I grabbed a large plate of food and sat for awhile. By the time I wanted "seconds" there were too many hungry people in line for the main courses. The sandwiches were along the wall and easier to get at so I just piled up on those until I couldn't eat anymore, LOL.

Kurt
  • Options
    OK...Who else is in???...

See that some pretty big dealers will be there...707sportscards...Kurtz Kardz...Mile High cards.....

(still thinking about those little sandwiches...mmmmmm.....)

Let's see about maybe a dinner get together on the "other" night. If the Shriners want to put the feedbag on for us, say..on Friday night....We'll all get together again on Saturday night...

Norty or Kurt...Do you know???..

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    ABBAdad-I carry all 4 sports and I have a good selection of commons from the years that you are interested in. I'm slow with want lists, but I do try and get them filled.

There is also a TRI-STAR show at the Royal Trade Center in Marlborough Ma. this weekend. I'll also be somewhere [900 row, I believe] at the Ft. Washington show; look for my yellow and black banner

At the Shriners show, I'm set up right across from Joe. [We only live about 30-40 miles apart!]

cameocards email

cameocards auctions and store