Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Does Anyone Still Have That First GU Or Auto you pulled?

If so what's the story on it ? And are you going to keep it as a memento? Mine was a fleer gamers jerry rice jersey card. Was going to buy a box at the card show sportsfest at the super bowl. I went and skipped on it and bought just a pack i reached to the middle of the box and picked one. Then i handed the 2 dollars for it and left. I winded up getting a cheaper box of Fleer Tradition and got nothin when i opened it the next day. So i Opened that one pack, and inside was the jerry Rice jersey BV 50 :-D. I can't part with it for some reason. A big smile just lit up on my face. Because it was the first GU I had ever pulled And owned :-D. It's in the PC for life probably.

Comments

• Options
    i don't have the first gu/auto i pulled (i'm actually not that fond of gu/autos- unless they're of the few players i collect)...however, i do have 2 of the sets i put together by hand as a kid from more wax packs than i can recall...84 and 85 topps...mattingly's rc...mcgwire's oly rookie...clemens' rc...puckett...etc... of all the cards (graded, autos, #d, etc.) i've gotten throughout the years, those 2 sets are my most "valuable"- sentiment wise...next to that, my biggest thrills have been pulling rcs of maddux and palmeiro...i'll never part w/those cards regardless of what insane prices they're fetching and will continue to fetch. lately when i get gu/autos, i put them up on ebay or offer them for trade for someone who's collecting a set (doesn't seem like many people even bother to build sets anymore w/all the gu/auto hype and high priced packs).
  • Options
    Our 1st gu/auto was a Peyton Manning Auto #d 779/1000. We pulled it out of a $25 box of 99 Collectors Edge Supreme. That box also happened to be the 1st box we had ever ordered online. We got it from Charm City Cards.
    It will remain in our personal collection. We both like Manning & the
    Auto is a really nice one; style wise. By the way, Charm City remains a favorite of ours as an online dealer. For whatever reason, we ALWAYS seem to have great luck from boxes we order from them versus the ones we get either off ebay or other online dealers.
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • Options
    UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭
    99/00 Skybox Autographics Dana Barros image
    Still have it, cauz nobody wants it image.
  • Options
    my first 4 gameused pulls were pretty nice when i first began
    here they were:
    01-02 ovation michael jordan floor card
    01-02 ultra vince carter league leaders jsy card /450
    01-02 upper deck kg/kobe combo jersey card
    00-01 pros and prospects paul pierce auto jsy

i only have the jordan floor left now
  • Options
    94 Playoff--Gale Sayers-Auto (1:12,096 packs)
    My daughter was 4 years old,she grabed the pack off the shelf at wal-mart .Its the only 1 i baught $2.99..i think it booked $150 then and is now $60.....I traded it a few months later for $200 Jordan card......almost every pack or box my kid picks has a good card in it....My ....Jordan 99-00 UD Final Floor #FF5..was worth $1,000 when they came out(now $80)...my kid picked the box image
  • Options
    Jordan- let me borrow your kid for a day or so- I'd like some nice Jordan cards, Maddux autos, and Palmeiro autos image
  • Options
    good question

i think i still have the 1st jersey card i traded for but dont remember the 1st one i pulled
    LOOKING FOR MARINO GAME USED,, , AND AUTO`S
  • Options
    CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    I still have mine. 1999 Upper Deck Darin Erstad Game Used Jersey. Went
    to the baseball card shop up in Ft. Wayne IN, and they had a case of the
    99 UD Baseball. I had my wife pick a box. On the way home she was opening
    the packs and in was the jersey card. I don't remember the odds, but I
    know it was 1 in every few boxes.
  • Options
    my first one was a 1998 press pass dyson jersey....the odds were really high, like 1/720. i sold it as part of a lot last yr though
  • Options
    i got 2 boxes for my 17 brithday they were retail boxes and pulled these gu'd
    00-01 UD Reserve Start Ups Kobe Bryant
    00-01 Fleer triple crown Shoot Arounds Vince Carter
    my site
    #1 QUincy Carter Collector in the world

Collection
    Quincy Carter 31.6% 163/515
  • Options
    Rainman..LOL.....my daughter no longer has fun opening packs or picking them for me...now that she's 13(O Brother)she's into doing her hair,makeup and those darn boy bands...now that i think about it,the last auto i pulled was a Duncan topps auto...she picked the pack...that was like 3 years ago,and i believe that was the last time she picked out a pack for me to buy.I havnt pulled a auto since..guess i should bribe her with a new CD to get her to choose a box for meimage