Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A new "Way I Collect" Registry

SGC has unveiled a new "Way I Collect" Registry:

The Way I Collect

I really like this idea and would like to see it on the PSA registry. There are some great collections out there which don't include all of the cards from a particular year/company or, player sets!

Possible entries: Great Action Shots ('53 Bowman Reese, '53 Stahl-Meyer Campanella, etc) , The "Say Cheese" collection (inspired by Dave's regional post), Rare Cuban Issues, etc.

What do the other board members think? Maybe PSA will unveil something similar soon...

-mark

Comments

• Options
    dstudebadstudeba Posts: 215 ✭✭
    I think it is a great idea. I have a few sub collections that are centered around cards that I find neat.

Cool Action Shots - 1978 Len Randle, 1978 Reggie, 1990 UD Bo Jackson, almost anything from 1973.

Smiley/Laughing Players - 1953 Topps Campanella, 1979 Jim Rice, 1954 Stahl Meyers Carl Erskine

and the wierdest.............

Backs of Players - Caramels seem to have a decent bunch of these, here is one I just picked up, 1973 Bench.

----------------------

Looking for Wilson Franks Fox, Jablonski, and Ennis
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Dan.
    stop stalking me on e-bay......... dude.image

As for the topic, I gotta take sides with Davalillo here...I think it could get pretty silly.
    Leon's type collection is a worthy entry and recommended for all to view.
    .Leon's goodies

Comprehensive type card collections should certainly be a part of the PSA registry, but let's draw the line at "My collection of butt pictures".

I know this is narrow minded and probably not the popular viewpoint, but that's how I collect.

edited: multiple typos
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    As I mentioned on the Regional thread, I hope PSA follows SGC's lead and allows for type collections in the registry.

Leon's collection is amazing.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    I like the idea, on a slighty side note I still wish that the Set Registries from all companies would allow you to submit a small percentage of cards in other holders to finish your set, maybe with a slightly reduced weighted GPA for using the competition, etc. Oh well, the action shot collection would be cool.
  • Options
    Siblings of the Stars would be my choice. I don't know who the best Alou brother was, but I have most of Clete Boyer's cards. You could have Jeremy Giambi, Dom Dimaggio, Tom Morgan and Joe Morgan, the Dierkers, the Neikros Cy Young and Steve Young. Also, I'd love to own a PSA 10 of Ozzie Canseco. The 1954 O'Brien brothers card is cool. Was Tommie Aaron Hank's brother?

Satan
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Satan - yes, Ozzie was Jose's brother. Also, don't forget Ken Brett and Rich Murray (Eddie's brother).
    BTW, just because you're the one who asked, the best Alou brother was JESUS. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    NickM,

I like you.

Satan
  • Options

<< <i>Satan - yes, Ozzie was Jose's brother. Also, don't forget Ken Brett and Rich Murray (Eddie's brother).
    BTW, just because you're the one who asked, the best Alou brother was JESUS. image

Nick >>

My nominee for "Post of the Day" image

Wish I had come up with that one!

JEB.
  • Options
    Satan
    The three Alou brothers were able to play in the Giants outfield at the same time. I will give you some stats and you decide who was the best brother.

years games AB Hits HR R RBI BA Slug WS Rookie
    Felipe 17 2082 7339 2101 206 985 852 .286 .433 1 of-1531 1B-468 3B-5 SS-2 1958
    Jesus 15 1380 4345 1216 32 448 377 .280 .353 2 of-1050 DH-47 1B-1 1963
    Matty 15 1667 5789 1777 31 780 427 .307 .381 2 of-1312 1B-168 DH-1 P-1 1960

This was a pretty impressive family.
  • Options
    Let's be honest,
    the only reason that these registries
    were created to begin with
    was to give us a reason to get
    low value, common cards graded

this generates Lots of cash for grading companies
    that were tired of Only getting the "star card"
    business.

IF they can get you to grade other, additional cards
    then they will GLADLY fix a "registry listing" for it.

it is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!

imageimage
  • Options
    BKAH,
    why are you on the set registry boards if these are your views ?
    have you been shackin up with nippler and the minty one?
    has Zardoz hypnotized you with some Krazy x-o's and filled your mind with confusion?

Satan has some really good medication he will trade for some of those worthless slabbed commons you got suckered into grading image

seriously. this is a viewpoint and conversation that has been whipped to death over and over
    PLEASE READ PREVIOUS THREADS!

• Options
    Thanks for the Alou stats. I didn't realize what a strong trio they were. One of the great unmentioned baseball families. Now, which one of those Baldwin brothers was the best actor? danny, stephen, alec, adam (I don't think he's a real Baldwin)

The answer is "none of the above". Don't you hate trick questions?

They'll be doing theater down in Hades Hothouse Theater with moi as the director,

Satan
  • Options
    Matty was probably the best all around player and hit for high average.
    Felipe was the best manager and hit with a bit more power as I recall.
    Jesus had the most....."saves"image