Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969 Mike Ferraro #83 PSA 8

Well there are 6 PSA 8's and 0 PSA 9's. 2 of the 6 were up for auction last night and I believe Gaspipe won both of them. I really liked the centering on the 2nd one. I checked the top 5 or 6 sets and only 1 has the card in PSA 8. Does anyone know if the other 3 are out there for sale, in private collections, or does Gaspipe own the other 5?

John

Comments

• Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    John I know I have one in my set(dave Jacobs) and have bid on others. I would be willing to bet Bob has more than two if he won both last night.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that the pop of this card went from 0 to 6 in a relatively short period of time (~6 months). I have a feeling that we'll be seeing more of these in the coming months. I don't believe it is as tough as the Shannon or Brock and both have higher populations than the Ferraro.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    The Ferrero is a Pop. 6 in PSA 8 with no 9's. If I'm not mistaken, it was the last card to be graded 8. I've seen a bunch of them raw over the years. The problem is that most have a top-to-bottom centering problem and Print Defect problem - like mine which is a PSA 7.

What to me was more surprising was that a gorgeous, dead centered '69 George Stone #627 PSA 8 only went for $26.00 last night. The population on that card is Pop. 6 in PSA 8 with one PSA 9 which is very little difference in Population compared to the Ferraro.
  • Options
    Dan

I thought my 24.95 buy on the 609 Gagliano was a steal.

Dave
  • Options
    I still remember the 1969 PSA 8 Horace Clarke that went for $112+. That card has trouble breaking the $20 barrier today and I am certain that more PSA 8 Clarkes will continue to hit the market. I am with Dan on the PSA 8 George Stone card. That card was an excellent buy for under $30!

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the George Stone is an excellent example of how hype can greatly affect the price. Nobody talks about the Stone as being a tough card while everyone talks about the Ferraro, Shannon, Satriano, etc. Maybe if we talk about how tough it is for a few months, the next one will sell for $100+! image

By the way, the PSA 8 Mike Andrews is at $232 and counting!
  • Options
    Dave,

You did get a steal on the Gagliano. Congrats!
  • Options
    Dan

Wow nice group of Ripkens!!!!

Dave
  • Options
    That is a nice group of Ripkens!image

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options