Home Sports Talk

The NFL team that will disappoint this year.

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every talking head talked about Buffalo, their salary cap and the 6 players lost. Is it a nation wide thing to predict doom and gloom in Buffalo. Josh Allen voted most overrated? Well I guarantee every defensive coordinator game plan revolves around Josh Allen. But this post isn’t about Buffalo. It’s about the Ravens.
I’m not even going to question Lamar Jackson’s MVP year. Cough cough. Every stat, every stat line doesn’t crack the top 10 in quarterbacks

No one is talking about the players Baltimore lost. Let’s look.

Quite an impressive list

Also very important is Mike Macdonald left as defensive coordinator.

Now let’s look at the receiving corps

Anyone scare you? Game plan around? True # 1?

The thread about the Chiefs setting themselves up for a fall is no where near Baltimore. The Chiefs have #15. Baltimore has a QB that averages 1.5 Td’s and 1.5 interceptions in the playoffs. Be careful wagering on the Ravens.

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lamar scares the hell out of me... Very Dangerous on the grid-iron...🏈🏈🏈

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

you keep forgetting mike macdonald?

pass the doobie , brother

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2024 7:08AM

I hate Baltimore so I hope they get smashed

I think San Francisco will take a step back this season, CMC is on the cover of Madden so I don't think he will repeat last year's success cuz of the cover jinx, Ayuik drama and the Defense will have a lot to Live up to to repeat from last year.

Miami and Buffalo will be fighting for 2nd and 3rd in the Division, the Jets will cruise

they need a new award for most useless MVP !

Lamar would win it every year

edited September 1, 2024 7:11AM

The Pats will disappoint, some people think they will win 5+ games, I think they will pull off like 3 wins

1-7 run to start probably, that's if they can beat Seattle their weakest opponent

• burghmanburghman Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2024 7:52AM

My Steelers. Even though Vegas predicts mediocrity year in and year out, reporters covering the team are convinced Tomlin’s fixed everything every season and that this is the year they win a playoff game (been embarrassingly long since that’s happened). Here’s to another 9-8, 8-8-1 season with bad QB play.

Jim

@burghman said:
    My Steelers. Even though Vegas predicts mediocrity year in and year out, reporters covering the team are convinced Tomlin’s fixed everything every season and that this is the year they win a playoff game (been embarrassingly long since that’s happened). Here’s to another 9-8, 8-8-1 season with bad QB play.

I can't even think of anyone that would be optimistic with Wilson and Fields as the QB competition

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    The Pats will disappoint, some people think they will win 5+ games, I think they will pull off like 3 wins

1-7 run to start probably, that's if they can beat Seattle their weakest opponent

Then Drake Maye will get his chance by mid season and we’ll see what he’s got.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burghman said:

Let Russ cook was a disaster in Denver. I can’t see how he’s going to be any better 2 years older. Fields will get a chance again

W.C.Fields
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Yes please, we need that to happen. Let Drake bring his own personal chair to the sidelines this season so he gets a front row seat to learning what/what-not to do as a first year QB.

I know that its sacrilegious to want to see your team lose games but please just slow roll this rebuild. I get that Bob Kraft's career as Meek Mill's wingman is over and we hear The Final Countdown blaring from the practice field but please just take your time and try to do it right. You already failed once at this thing since Brady left.

That all being said, those horribly played games are gonna suck so bad though when watching them live lol.

@perkdog said:

kraft team pulls off 3
    the headline will read :#

@perkdog said:

@burghman said:

I can't even think of anyone that would be optimistic with Wilson and Fields as the QB competition

better chance to hold on with wilson and phillips
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbXvaE39wM

forums user wristpin is missing out on some great posts

• dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be disappointed each and every time the Cowboys win a game.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Id say the 5 or 6 wins would be the disappointment. All that does if hurt the draft picks. They have a QB already and I hate tanking but win 2 or 3 games let someone trade up for that elite pick to get a QB and build from there

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

Id say the 5 or 6 wins would be the disappointment. All that does if hurt the draft picks. They have a QB already and I hate tanking but win 2 or 3 games let someone trade up for that elite pick to get a QB and build from there

I hope they win 1 game and get the 1st pick for reasons you stated.

They won't make a run for anything except a high draft pick, no tanking necessary

I'd like to see Maye with a clipboard on the sidelines and get some late season reps, obviously I'd like to see some promising play making from the younger guys.

can we talk about how Jacoby Brissetts story arc has been so amazing under brilliant bob kraft/bill boobichek regime ?

draft the guy , he shows some ability , swap him for a case of gatorade , then after he is cooked pay 8 million dollars in the hope he can start for 8 games on a 3-14 team :D

@bronco2078 said:
    can we talk about how Jacoby Brissetts story arc has been so amazing under brilliant bob kraft/bill boobichek regime ?

draft the guy , he shows some ability , swap him for a case of gatorade , then after he is cooked pay 8 million dollars in the hope he can start for 8 games on a 3-14 team :D

Sums it up. pretty well lol

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

I hope they win 1 game and get the 1st pick for reasons you stated.

They won't make a run for anything except a high draft pick, no tanking necessary

I'd like to see Maye with a clipboard on the sidelines and get some late season reps, obviously I'd like to see some promising play making from the younger guys.

Hopefully he wears those head phones all season long. If they decide to start him early in the year they could mess around and win 4-6 games.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

The teams that will disappoint are the ones I bet on.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    The teams that will disappoint are the ones I bet on.

Your not alone bud