Home Sports Talk

Murphy’s Wallbangers?

bgrbgr Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭

Brewers seriously hitting this year. Hitting and defense and spotty pitching

Most 10 Run games in MLB. Been a long time since us Brewer fans could say that.

Go Crew.

Comments

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats bgr!
    They just interviewed Yelich on mlb network after his 5 hit game.
    Hope he stays injury free the rest of the year.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy it!

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭

6-1 homestand vs Chicago north and south. Good to fatten up before heading into Philly.

I saw they have the 2nd best MLB team BA now.

Joey Ortiz named NL player of the month...

If he keeps playing like he has been since joining the Brewers the Burnes trade is going to keep getting better for the brewers.

• 1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cubs should have used that money on a player instead of Counsell

Oops. I meant Rookie of the month.

Colin Rea pitched 7 innings tonight. 85 pitches. 61 strikes I think. No big deal but I heard one stat on the broadcast that I found impressive. He threw 4 pitches behind in the count.

Brewers had 3 grand-slams in the last 4 games... After further review it's now 4 in the last 5. Turang has 2 on the home-stand.

2 in the series against the Cubs makes it that much sweeter. Pretty fun to watch them play lately. A 7-spot in the 4th today with 2 HRs.

That’s a lot of Slams!
    Congrats on the Brewers playing so well. I can’t forget when KC made their 2014-15 WS runs that two guys they got from the Brewers were key to those teams, Lorenzo Cain and Alcides Escobar.

Gary Sanchez has now tied Aaron Judge in 2024 for three-baggers.

Jackson Chourio has had an amazing second half of the season and has himself in NL RoY conversations. I don’t see him winning the award but it’s notable because his play is making the loss of Yelich less painful.

8 Years $80M is looking like a good deal for the club, but maybe it’s good for both as he will only be 28 in the last year of his contract and primed for a mega deal if he earns his current contract.

What now?
    Didn’t know stealing home was in his arsenal.

@Darin said:
    What now?
    Didn’t know stealing home was in his arsenal.

Adamas was on first and bolted for 2nd to bait a throw from the catcher, which he got.

Contreras was on 3rd and danced about 1/3rd the way down the line.

The throw went to Chapman and Contreras broke for home… Chapman bobbled it and both were safe: Adamas at first and Contreras in the dugout.

It was fun to watch because that doesn’t work often. Brewers have to be up there at the top of 2 out runs scored in MLB this year.

Adamas had hit a HR in his 5th straight game and now has 13 3-run HRs this year. He’s now tied with Ken Griffey Jr. for most all time. One of those contrived records but these have mostly been high game-changing HRs. Impressive season and while the Crew probably can’t afford him he’s going to get a juicy 9-figure contract I bet.

• @bgr said:
    Adamas had hit a HR in his 5th straight game and now has 13 3-run HRs this year. He’s now tied with Ken Griffey Jr. for most all time. One of those contrived records but these have mostly been high game-changing HRs. Impressive season and while the Crew probably can’t afford him he’s going to get a juicy 9-figure contract I bet.

Sounds about right. Pocket change for the L.A. Dodgers next starting SS.

I'm your inner child. Get in. Listen, what you really need in life is some frikkin torque.

Chourio has a 20HR 20SB season as a 20 year old and just popped a 3R HR to get the Brewers back into today’s game against the DBacks. Sweep is back on the menu. Need these games with 3 against the Phillies and 4 more with AZ at home.

Pretty impressive second half of the r season for Chourio. If he hadn’t scuffled early he would be in pole position for RoY.

And that Adamas contract keeps getting bigger. 32HRs playing every day at SS. His 106 RBIs lead NL.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2024 3:07PM

i saw you pop this thread so it compelled me to go check on Devin Williams

do you realize that ever since i mentioned him struggling while i was in St Louis that he has yet to give up an earned run?

since that series against the Cardinals: 9 IP, 3 hits, 0 ER, 16 Ks, 7 saves

Devin be like, galaxy pissed me off, it's on now

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:
    i saw you pop this thread so it compelled me to go check on Devin Williams

do you realize that ever since i mentioned him struggling while i was in St Louis that he has yet to give up an earned run?

since that series against the Cardinals: 9 IP, 3 hits, 0 ER, 16 Ks, 7 saves

Devin be like, galaxy pissed me off, it's on now

Haha. He has been shutting down the 9th. But. He needs to keep runners off base too which he hasn’t been great at — too many walks. Brewers BP has been awesome this season overall.

Brewers just flipped 0-5 to 7-5. Adamas has 108 RBIs now. Time to get my cards ready for inscription. Already thinking about the Chourio inscriptions.

Magical season for the Crew. The hitting has always been the missing piece with this club during their run the past 6 seasons.

After giving the last game away in extras against the DBacks it was nice to see the Brewers shut down the Phillies in the opener last night. After being swept in Philly earlier in the season the Crew needs to show up in the next 6 games against top teams to have a shot at the NL bye.

A lot of people were questioning Murphy's decision to ride Koenig and sit Williams in the bottom of the 10th. Maybe it was the wrong move, but Williams had pitched 4 out of 6 days, and, more importantly, Koenig rolled through the heart of the order in the bottom of the 9th. Walk, HBP, Walk, Game Over.

That DBacks team is scary offensively. Just relentless. 4 more coming up at home. Was awesome to see Civale and Rea combine to finish off that game and reboot our bullpen which has been taxed of late.

This is the best Brewers team I've seen in a long time.