Home Sports Talk
Options

Jets' draft bust says New York was the 'last place I should've gone,' says team had 'no plan'

stevekstevek Posts: 28,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jets-bust-says-new-york-last-place-i-shouldve-gone-says-team-had-no-plan

Jets' draft bust says New York was the 'last place I should've gone,' says team had 'no plan'

It seems like every quarterback the New York Jets acquire turns into a bust.

Since 2000, the Jets have taken seven quarterbacks in either the first or second round.

Chad Pennington, the 18th pick in 2000, is probably the best of the bunch that also included Mark Sanchez, Kellen Clemens, Geno Smith, Christian Hackenberg, Sam Darnold, and Zach Wilson.

Even the four-time MVP they traded for, Aaron Rodgers, ruptured an Achilles on just his fourth play in a Jets uniform.

Comments

• Options

Good grief - the Jets record of QB draft busts is hard to do, even if ya try. 😆

Perhaps Rodgers will help them out this upcoming season. If he can stay healthy?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Jets are going to win the AFC East this season I think.

Christian Hackenberg?

He never played an NFL snap as a 2nd round pick? That's tough to do lol

• Options

@perkdog said:

Christian Hackenberg?

I saw i think it was a few weeks ago where Rodgers was seen slightly limping during a workout. Perhaps not a limp, but favoring a leg just a bit. Could have been something not related to the Achilles?

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Christian Hackenberg?

I saw i think it was a few weeks ago where Rodgers was seen slightly limping during a workout. Perhaps not a limp, but favoring a leg just a bit. Could have been something not related to the Achilles?

Could be his age and his holistic type of healing lol

• Options

Maybe it was nothing of any consequence?

https://youtu.be/HAkRnNw7MtM

• Options
    MistlinMistlin Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

There's not a more selfish player in the NFL than Aaron Rodgers.

Signs a mega contract in Green Bay - then whines about the quality of players on his team and is subsequently (and rightfully) shown the door.

Takes millions in payola to go on McAfee's awful show to spout misinformation about western medicine, then has no problem using same western medicine when it's his medical care at stake.

The sooner this guy retires the better off the league will be.

ignore list: 1948_Swell_Robinson, Darin

• Options

@Mistlin said:
    There's not a more selfish player in the NFL than Aaron Rodgers.

Signs a mega contract in Green Bay - then whines about the quality of players on his team and is subsequently (and rightfully) shown the door.

Takes millions in payola to go on McAfee's awful show to spout misinformation about western medicine, then has no problem using same western medicine when it's his medical care at stake.

The sooner this guy retires the better off the league will be.

Agreed

• Options

Jets around a 24-1 chance to win the Super Bowl.

Not a prohibitive long shot for a bet of this type. But not exactly a whole lotta love either.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭

For Rodgers seems like there might be some confusion about holistic medicine and just his love to using mind altering weird drugs. Hes never been a if I apply this leaf to my heel with essential oils I dont need surgery guy, he just loves doing weird substances.

For the Jets though usually you would just say that the prospect wasnt good enough and dismiss their comments. The Jets and Browns have ruined so many QBs though consistently (some which even found success elsewhere) that it just has to be something systematic with those franchises.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sanchez, for all the grief he endured, much of it deservedly so, did lead the Jets to back to back AFC Championship games, though those Rex Ryan teams were spearheaded by the D.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2024 3:10PM

https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-rodgers-absence-from-jets-minicamp-unexcused-head-coach-robert-saleh-says-155918124.html

Aaron Rodgers' absence from Jets minicamp unexcused, head coach Robert Saleh says

The Jets season sure doesn't seem to be off to an auspicious start.

Is it not too late to get a return and refund on the Aaron Rodgers deal?

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

No. Packers fans are content. ;)

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭

This might be one of if not the funniest dumbest Jets are always going to Jet moment. A 40 year old HOF QB coming off a major surgery skipping minicamp and they arent smart enough to just say its okay? Lol I would love to be a fly on the wall with people making such dumb decisions.

The only thing funnier would be if he just retired and ruined their season and franchise for a few years over not going to a meaningless minicamp

• Options

DD - where are the Aaron Rodgers pics?

Don't make me come over there and get ya. 😉

• Options

Didn't any of these QB's learn anything from the Brady era?

Brady's great success happened mainly because he spent countless hours during the off season, diligently working with his receivers. Sure when things go right during a play, then it's relatively easy. The key to greatness in a QB and thus the offense moving the football, is improvising when a play breaks down. Brady used to constantly practice with his receivers, what they should do and where they should be when a play breaks down, when the receivers are covered, etc. Which helped lead the Patriots to all those many championships.

Rodgers pulling these shenanigans can't possibly be helpful. Sure of course he's likely still talented enough to make the completions when all goes well during a play. However when a play breaks down, and him not being intimately familiar with the receivers, it could lead to disaster. Which will cost them losing football games.

• Options
    MistlinMistlin Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

Assuming he doesn't get injured 4 minutes into the season.

ignore list: 1948_Swell_Robinson, Darin

• Options

@Mistlin said:
    Assuming he doesn't get injured 4 minutes into the season.

Could happen. Frankly, he just doesn't seem motivated out there. This training camp silliness basically proves it.

He may be stealing money from the Jets. But we shall see what happens when the season starts.