Home Sports Talk
Options

Nelly Korda update- 5 wins in a row!

DarinDarin Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 21, 2024 3:49PM in Sports Talk

I know I’m the only one here that likes womens golf but what she’s doing is incredible. Yes she skipped the Asian leg of the tour but she has won her last 4 starts on tour. The best since Annika perhaps? 🤔

Stupid list…. Mistlin

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll give her a shout out for you buddy

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Options

Perk thanks
    Nelly has a beautiful swing probably better than any mens player.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Perk thanks
    Nelly has a beautiful swing probably better than any mens player.

Women are just naturally better swingers.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

4 in a row is near impossible in any professional sport. Congratulations

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

4 wins in a row is incredible - let's hope she keeps it up.

• Options

Now 5 in a row… this one is a major, the Chevron Championship. 🥳🍺

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2024 5:19PM

It's difficult to win one golf tournament, five in a row is mind boggling, amazing accomplishment. 👍

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/39991267/nelly-korda-takes-chevron-ties-lpga-mark-5th-win-row

Nelly Korda takes Chevron, ties LPGA mark with 5th win in row

I would have never guessed that any player had already won this five times in a row. Remarkable achievement for sure! 😊

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

she's a baller and a cutie pie. watch this clip of her meeting Tiger for the first time..............this is the type of reaction you'd get out of me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RipK41F9VMI

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about Tiger versus Nelly in a winner take all, one round match?

i think the media ratings for that would be off the charts.

• Options

btw idk if you guys knew this or not, but her dad was a professional tennis player. i have a lukewarm interest in that sport and i remember him well. he won the Australian Open back in '96 and made the finals of the French in '90

so she possesses athletic genes

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    btw idk if you guys knew this or not, but her dad was a professional tennis player. i have a lukewarm interest in that sport and i remember him well. he won the Australian Open back in '96 and made the finals of the French in '90

so she possesses athletic genes

Yes athletic family.
    Her sister Jessica has won like 6 times on tour and I think her brother is following their dad as a pro tennis player.
    She admitted her nerves were starting to get to her down the stretch yesterday but she hung on for the win and finished strong with a birdie on 18.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    edited April 22, 2024 12:49PM

@Darin

you follow the LPGA more intently than i do

what has happened to Lexi Thompson?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

She is doing what Nike wanted Michelle Wie to be. After Wie received a hefty endorsement contract. One sports report yesterday stated she has done what Tiger has done-5 in a row. Along with Nancy Lopez and Annika.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@galaxy27 said:
    @Darin

you follow the LPGA more intently than i do

what has happened to Lexi Thompson?

I don’t follow it real intently…. but do enjoy watching it especially with Nelly on this streak now.
    I know Lexi was in contention a few weeks ago, I think she was even leading on fri. or sat. but must have faded on sun. Don’t remember what tournament that was.
    I don’t know if she’s had any nagging injuries lately if not I guess just lack of consistency.
    Galaxy… I would love to hear your thoughts on Scottie S. and how he’s been playing lately.
    Here or another thread… let’s hear some golf talk from you, I know at least perk and I and probably DD would like that. 🥳🍺😛

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin

Lexi is retiring

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    @Darin

Lexi is retiring

Yeah I heard that, only 29 years old.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a good morning for Nelly. 4 straight shots into a creek on a par 3.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

As for Lexi Thompson, I am not sure if the if the Grayson Murray suicide this weekend had any impact on her. She has been in the the golf spotlight for 18 of her 29 years and I thought she took some time away from golf a while back.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.