Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

Loonie Registry Set on Ebay

https://ebay.com/itm/266799620037 3000 dollars or make offer. Number 1 set, no other complete sets that I know of.

National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.

Comments

• mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭

Feel free to make offer. I don't expect any though. Loonie collecting doesn't seem to be a big deal. :D

Chance to get number 1 set in registry for last 10 years. Make offer

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2024 11:28AM

FYI, your AI generated description makes it seem like a fake listing. Even if I were interested in circulation loonies, I would avoid it for that reason.

And no photos???

@pruebas said:
    FYI, your AI generated description makes it seem like a fake listing. Even if I were interested in circulation loonies, I would avoid it for that reason.

And no photos???

If you clicked on the link in the description you can see photos of almost all the coins on the NGC registry site, I clearly stated that. If you looked at my Ebay feedback you would see that I have perfect feedback on 1400 plus transactions. Only the first part of the description was automatically generated. It seemed okay to me, so I let it stand. There are over 50 coins in the set and I no longer have a camera. If you had bothered to look at the full description you wouldn't have had to leave a negative comment.

I was giving you constructive criticism based on my unbiased view.

The listing doesn’t state the exact items included in the sale, so eBay will not stand behind the buyer in the event of problem.

And the AI makes the listing appear like a scam, despite what you may think.

You’re asking several thousand dollars, hence the listing demands much more careful attention than it has received.

Feel free to ignore me. I’m not a buyer anyway. Just curious to see the set.

@pruebas said:
    I was giving you constructive criticism based on my unbiased view.

The listing doesn’t state the exact items included in the sale, so eBay will not stand behind the buyer in the event of problem.

And the AI makes the listing appear like a scam, despite what you may think.

You’re asking several thousand dollars, hence the listing demands much more careful attention than it has received.

Feel free to ignore me. I’m not a buyer anyway. Just curious to see the set.

The listing does state the items, all you had to do was click on the link. Like I said I have 1480 perfect feedbacks. I don't think you saying it seemed like a fake listing is constructive criticism.

Please feel free to make offer. Photos are available for almost all the coins in the set by clicking the link at the bottom of the description. I have almost 1500 ebay feedbacks, all positive.

Buy it now dropped to 2500, or make offer

Buy Now for 2250!!

Make offer, only 1 complete set out there

• FrankHFrankH Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:

And no photos???

I recently TRIED that AI feature. What a hoot! Kept my original desc. and went with that.
    Good results. I have a shirttail relative who is an AI ...developer.... His Linked In profile is also a hoot!

:D

@FrankH said:

@pruebas said:

And no photos???

I recently TRIED that AI feature. What a hoot! Kept my original desc. and went with that.
    Good results. I have a shirttail relative who is an AI ...developer.... His Linked In profile is also a hoot!

I consider myself a very serious and scholarly numismatist. The AI just makes listings seem fake, hence unlikely to attract any bids for fear of being a victim of a scam. Scams are very deceptive and sneaky these days, so everyone's "scam senses" are on high alert.

I reread the listing in the OP, and it still has the AI nonsense. No wonder it hasn't sold despite repeated price drops. I guess the OP would rather take the loss than rewrite the listing in a serious and professional manner. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water.......

I have no ill-will toward the seller, and I hope it sells soon, but this listing is a classic case of how NOT to write a multi-thousand dollar ebay listing.

@pruebas said:

@FrankH said:

@pruebas said:

And no photos???

I consider myself a very serious and scholarly numismatist. The AI just makes listings seem fake, hence unlikely to attract any bids for fear of being a victim of a scam. Scams are very deceptive and sneaky these days, so everyone's "scam senses" are on high alert.

I reread the listing in the OP, and it still has the AI nonsense. No wonder it hasn't sold despite repeated price drops. I guess the OP would rather take the loss than rewrite the listing in a serious and professional manner. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water.......

I have no ill-will toward the seller, and I hope it sells soon, but this listing is a classic case of how NOT to write a multi-thousand dollar ebay listing.

I'm selling a collection of Loonies not a description, my ebay feedback is perfect with over 1700 transactions. If you don't want the coins fine but you could have said nothing if you didn't have anything good to say. There are photos, if you had read the description, you would see that almost all the coins are imaged on the registry site. It hasn't sold simply because there is not a huge demand for circulation loonies, I knew that going in. I'm not in a hurry to sell it. If you bear no ill will towards me why did you feel you had to make a negative post?

I just realized the Pruebas has returned to my thread to make more disparaging remarks. For someone who claims he bears me no ill will I find it odd that he keeps singling out my thread. I did make some changes to the description after his initial remarks but apparently that wasn't good enough for him, he keeps attacking my listing and suggesting it's a scam.

• FrankHFrankH Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mdwoods said:
    I just realized the Pruebas has returned to my thread to make more disparaging remarks. For someone who claims he bears me no ill will I find it odd that he keeps singling out my thread. I did make some changes to the description after his initial remarks but apparently that wasn't good enough for him, he keeps attacking my listing and suggesting it's a scam.

I don't get that impression at all. I do, however, despise Artificial Intelligence and all things related to it.
    My prediction is that more and more will learn more about it and join my opinion.,

@mdwoods I only returned because @FrankH flagged my post and I was replying to him.

You should be happy we keep bringing this thread to the top.

I'll now leave you to it. Good luck.

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mdwoods is one of the good guys.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Price dropped to 1500. Bottom price.

Lowered price again, check it out on ebay